disc just spins in drive...

Thread: disc just spins in drive...

disc just spins in drive...

I created a backup for windows xp corp sp2 by creating an iso to hd than from hd to cd-r by using clonecd. I know the iso is a good file because I tested it with daemon tools and it works perfectly, but when the iso is put on disc and I try to run it it just makes that spinning sound in the drive and the computer freezes until i eject the disc and when i restart to try to use it it just freezes at press any key to boot from disc and you still here the spinning sound. I have used different brands of media to see whats compatible and all work with just random files but when i try to burn a image like windows it will just spin. I was wondering what program should I use and the settings that I will have to have it on (ex mode 1 ..ect. ) Thanks

So am I right in assuming here that your trying to get the CD to BOOT ? ie youve burnt the ISO of your Image of your installation to a cd and trying to get it to boot?

if that is the case.. then have a look at BART-PE or PEBuilder
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

If you're trying to create a boot disc, you probably didn't create it correctly.
    Its one thing to load the ISO in daemon tools or put a disc in there after the OS is loaded.
    Its different when you try to boot to a non bootable ISO.

Another way to test it is to create a set of XP boot disks. Load the boot disks and see if you can use the CD rom. If so, then you know you didn't create the bootable cd correctly.

I haven't used the same software that you are talking about... so I won't be of much help on that. I noramlly use NERO for my burning...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.