Back from the dead... ish
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back from the dead... ish

Banned

Back from the dead... ish

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...-13762,00.html

I thought this was a very interesting advance in science. It seems like a good idea, but as usual there will probably be controversy of it being used on humans. What do you all think of it?

Hey now you know why the Australians have a reputation for being simple?

They spend thousands of dollars to create "zombie dogs" when the rest of the world knows that all you have to do is elect them

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    It was done a while ago on rats, they've just moved up to larger animals.

Most of the cells in your body are quite robust and do without oxygen for a couple of hours. Your neurons can't though. After a few minutes they start to kill themselves.
    The process is called Neuronal Apoptosis.

should be enough to save lives such as battlefield casualties and victims of stabbings or gunshot wounds, who have suffered huge blood loss
    Is there not a problem here in that the casualty is already filled with holes leaking fluid so the wonderous salt solution will leak out also? I suppose it is possible that more of the salt solution would be available and would not need to be cross matched so they could just keep pumping it in.

I wonder what ever happened to artificial blood. I remember it was used in clinical trials for a little while for specific purposes.

SCIENTISTS have created eerie zombie dogs, reanimating the canines after several hours of clinical death in attempts to develop suspended animation for humans.
    Bleh, we've slipped into the twilight zone. If that's not something out of a Sci-Fi, I dunno what is.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Naw you get better than that.

Monkey head transplants.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1263758.stm

That's what I call science.

Now they need to transplant the head of a frozen dog onto a monkey.

Banned
    It was done a while ago on rats, they've just moved up to larger animals.
    Oh, I didn't realize that.

You have to aim for the head.

Last time I saw a Zombie dog I was gaming and whacking **** in RE director's cut for playstation.

Have to admit I read this with absolute horror since I dig dogs. I pictued some poor mutt laying in the sun for 3 hours then bringing some brain dead frankenmutt back to life. Abviously that's not the case and this is pretty darn cool. No brain damage at all? Replacing the blood with freezing liquid? Amazing. I bet the first couple of dogs weren't so lucky.

The future looks bright for this technology. Imagine you are in a crash bleeding to death and trapped. They come in pump you full of otter pops and you wake up a month later alive and fcked up but alive.

//EDIT Gore, you like zombie flicks... check out 28 Days Later and Shaun of the Dead. Both great British flicks.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Last time I saw a Zombie dog I was gaming and whacking **** in RE director's cut for playstation.
    That was a great ****ing game...I miss it

//EDIT Gore, you like zombie flicks... check out 28 Days Later and Shaun of the Dead. Both great British flicks.
    28 days later sucked zombie donkey dick . I have yet to see Shaun of the Dead.....Resident Evil Apocalypse had some cool zombie mutts.

OK 28 Days later wasn't all that but the visual camera work is amazing. Try it on HDTV with progressive scan and component output. I guess I just have a thing for end of the world type movies. Or in this case just Britain.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.