Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hmmm, an ISP wants to hire me.

Yes it happens.. I was part of the chain of events for a customer in store months ago.. wont go to details.. I passed the his name on to a friend.. but he sold him self..

Youve impressed your professor.. so backup his belief in your talents..

Now you get the experience to go with your talent and knowledge..

good on ya...
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

I agree with the rest of our friends, go for it, pal. It would harden your knowledge and experience even more .... don't blow this chance, it comes like once in a lifetime ...

CONGRATS!

/me goes for a beer, because it deserves
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Hey Hey,

Congrats...

This has happened to me four times in the last four months and I had never expected anything like this to happen and wasn't ready for it.

The first time a prof recommended our division... this time we actually submitted our own resumes.

The second time, I was at a competition and my prof was talking to another prof who's college was looking for a linux prof... and he recommended me... I was supposed to email the prof a copy of my resume but I was overly busy and I forgot about it until now... I think I'll add that to my list of things to do this week.

The third time, I got a phone call at 9am out of the blue from a headhunter looking to bring me in for an interview with a company that was hiring about an hour from here.

The last time was just this past Friday, I recieved an email asking me if I'd be interested in interviewing for a network engineering position down in Texas.

A friend of mine is working towards a possible fulltime job right now because his friends father works for a company that provides the solutions that we're attending class for...

Word of mouth is a big seller, and these things tend to be spread quite abit.

Anyways, congrats again.

Peace
    HT

Good luck on getting the job! Sounds like it would be right up your alley from your interests posted in your profile. What a kick, getting a phone call without even asking for a job!
    ∞Boundless∞

Personally i think when oppertunity knocks on your door,especially the way yours have It will be wise to go for the interview..Look at it this way.. You will blame yourself if anyone else gets it and it turns out to be a fantastic job with privilages you can only dream about at this stage..I think there is always a purpose for something like this happening the way it did..

GO FOR IT!!!
    Practise what you preach.

Gore:

Back in the day, I was consulting out of my house. I got a call from a local consulting firm requesting an interview. I still have no idea how this person found me. Anyway, I returned the call stating that I wasn't interested. The owner called back suggesting we meet anyway. She asked if I could come in Monday, Tuesday, etc. Each time I told her My calendar was full. On Thursday of that week, she called and asked if we could meet on Sunday. Sunday? WTF? I returned the call and accepted. Monday morning I was on a plane to a new client. First class everything, all expenses paid. Worked my ass off for 8 months and got PAID!.

When you're called out of the blue - take it!

Good Luck -

Dino
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Don't look a gift horse in the mouth,

What have you got to lose?

Best of luck

Gore

Please do not underestimate yourself. Your great interest in and enormous capacity for learning about operating systems is a very marketable talent.

Peripheral players such as ISPs can see the writing on the wall for the Microsoft monopoly. Or, at least they are hedging their bets? They want people who can think outside the Microsoft box?

Good luck to you mate!

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Do it.
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

Congrats (in advance)

And good luck with your interview..
    As long as you don't let your ego get in your way during that interview there's not much that can go wrong..
    And even if the job isn't 100% what you want, It's a great stepping stone towards a future in tech !!
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !