Thread: Doom

Let me fire up my C64 and play some games via my ide64

Ah.. Bubble Bobble
    Giana Sisters
    Arkanoid
    Last Ninja (1,2&3)

Now those are classics

Oh.. and: http://www.c64unlimited.net/games/d/Doom!/Doom!%20.htm
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Banned
    to say that DOOM is better then socom has got to be the most retarded statement ever uttered on the internet

next time you are sick don't go to the doctor ...instead put some leeches on your skin that will cure you right up

The game is in the eye of the beholder. Doom was the first game that ever invoked and emotional response in a lot of gamers. The response was fear. Classics are still good games for instance I love playing Duke Nukem to this day. Check it out gore. They are cheap, run on all kinds of older platforms and are great laptop games.

Not sure how you can claim to NOT be a gamer and run through levels in 29 seconds.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Originally posted here by unhappy
    to say that DOOM is better then socom has got to be the most retarded statement ever uttered on the internet

next time you are sick don't go to the doctor ...instead put some leeches on your skin that will cure you right up
    Its an opinion unhappy. Chill out. He likes Doom better than SOCOM. You like SOCOM better than Doom. Who cares. Enjoy the games you like. I personally like a lot of older games because I played them when younger and they were cutting edge then... (and it was really cool to have this whole new world) Did you play any of those games when they came out unhappy? (Doom, Wolfenstien, Bards Tale, Kings Quest, Space Quest) No? Then you might not have the love for older games that we have. Play what you like. Remember, opinions are like *******s, everyone has one.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I'm getting a sore right wrist from playing my old copy of doom95 (final doom)
    because of the location of those cursor keys. Yes, real men play on
    keyboard only. I have to give the monsters a sporting chance.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

I idn't have a computer when Doom came out. Heh, when I got my first computer Windows 2000 was being released. I like Doom, just like I watch older movies. I have the original Scarface from 1931.

Older doesn't mean worse. If you had a choice between a new BMW and a 7 year old Mclaren F1, which are you picking? Mclaren which does 0-100 in 4 seconds... Yea hard choice.

Funny thing is I used to say if I had an IBM Blue Gene /L I would play Pong on it.

I have a newer game I play too:
    Doom 3.

Originally posted here by rcgreen
    I'm getting a sore right wrist from playing my old copy of doom95 (final doom)
    because of the location of those cursor keys. Yes, real men play on
    keyboard only. I have to give the monsters a sporting chance.
    I only play on the keyboard. I have a laptop, you ever try using that as a mouse? **** I've given girls an orgasm with less movement. Final Doom rocks.

Banned
    new doesn't mean better just like "classic" doesn't mean better..

you car analogy doesn't work. in order for something old to be valuable it has to be unique... classic cars are uniqe (only few) that' why they are sought after. you don't see anyone scampering for 1995 honda just 'cause it's old.

i have this:http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/linux/...s/linuxps2.jpg .. it sucks as a computer and it's slow but it's awsome cause it's unique

old book analogy doesn't work either... books are about ideas presented in the same uniform way.

moby dick vs. fight club is not the same as doom vs. HL2 .. better analogy would be green eggs and hem vs. fight club.

bottom line is ...THERE'S NOTHING THAT CURRENT GAMES DON'T DO BETTER THEN OLDER GAMES... that' the point of progrees...

if you like it play it... all i'm asking is... why the hell would you play doom if you can play rainbow six or socom 3 or halo or hl2 or doom3

/sigh You just dont get it.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Why would I NOT play Doom? I've only had it a few months as I've said. I haven't been playing it for years like everyone else.

I have Doom 3 and I do play it, and then I play the original. Is it just me or did someone watch a bit to much Xplay on how games without huge graphics were bad? Hell, even those idiots don't talk **** about Doom.