Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cloning MAC Addresses

You know what? You're screwed. Looking at some of your previous posts I see that you have had issues with the admins before and now you're referred to as the little hacker. You have made it to 'The List'

Every admin has, at least one 'The List'

IF you really want to learn security, hang out in the sans reading room. People will not talk security with you simply because we're so used to phising and other types of social engineering, that we don't trust anyone in that we don't know or isn't in the security/admin field.

And there is no way in hell the school admin is going to help "the little hacker" EVER!
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

u can use google to get mac spoofers, i was in your situation in a college situation and i demonstrated why people shouldnt enter personal information on a public puter, i used a piee of freeware to grab names and pw's for aim and hotmail..then i removed the program, someone said that i was stealing credit card numbers, they grabbed my workstation..nothing happened

later on i informed the admins that their patches were 6 mos. out of date, they told me to pay attention to my professors and leave the network to "the big boys" next day all patches were updated

my point in all this is all they want is their paycheck and to fly uner the radar, if they had any real skills they wouldnt be working in a school setting , the wages are substandard but on the plus side, they dont actually do much, you have become a threat and are threatening to upset the applecart

some of the people here have been in the field so long they have forgotten how they learned, you learn by doing the things they say cant be done, not by asking questions to people whose best answer is usually "no"

so do what you are going to do knowing you may face negative consequences, weigh the gain involved against the detrimental effects to the rest of your life in the field, if you are like me you are going to do it anyways, you gotta

whatever you do, do it well, dont compromise the security of others and know they will be watching you do it
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool

jhollings

The replies you have received are typical of those you would receive on almost any security or support website.

Basically systems administrators and support guys like:

1. Standard software
    2. Standard hardware
    3. locked down systems.

That is because they are easier to protect, easier to maintain and easier to support. And for "easier" you can also read "much cheaper" and they will certainly have a budget.

I once had to do a software upgrade on a remote site with about 200 machines. Virtually every one was different...............it was a nightmare that took me two days By the same measure we updated 1200 machines on my site down the network in an hour!

"Non-issue" machines are also to be avoided. You never know what they might have on them. I once had great fun (NOT) sorting out an Office 97 application that someone had come onto site with an Office 2000 installed laptop, opened it and said "yes" to the conversion option.

You must also appreciate that if you use your personal machine, everyone else will want to do the same and pretty soon it will be total anarchy.

The only solution I can think of is if you get your own private ISP connection.

Ifconfig eth0 hw ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx .. same as the other client, both clients can be on.

http://www.nthelp.com/NT6/change_mac_w2k.htm

Thanks for your help found the answer after about 20 minutes of searching...