Dead Link In GCC Sticky?

Thread: Dead Link In GCC Sticky?

Dead Link In GCC Sticky?

This thread has a link to the AO Member FAQ which just returns the following message:

Invalid thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster.
    GCC mods, perhaps you'd like to look into this.
    ∞Boundless∞

I don't think that it is a "bug" as such. There was a big reorganisation a little while back, and I suspect that it might have been renamed?

Try this:

http://www.antionline.com/faq/faq.php

I tried clicking the report post button however it gives the following message:

This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.
    What would be the best way to contact someone to update an old link then?

(I'm still learning, bear with me).
    ∞Boundless∞

Banned
    Only an administrator could do that... but I don't think it's worth the trouble
    Posts can only be edited for 24 (48?) hours after they have been posted...

You donít want anyone recanting eh?

I find it a little odd that the moderators can't edit posts, but if there is some great wisdom behind that decision that escapes me, so be it.

Without any further ado, I won't lose any more sleep over this issue.

Thank you for your assistance.
    ∞Boundless∞

Hi Boundless

I find it a little odd that the moderators can't edit posts, but if there is some great wisdom behind that decision that escapes me, so be it.
    Speaking personally, I would not want to moderate a forum where I couldEDIT someone's post. That would be changing what they said? which is hardly good for democracy or freedom of speech.

Moderators can move or delete posts but I do not think that they want the power to change their content

Perhaps that explains?

Negative I think that it is 1440 minutes which is 24 hours?

I moderate a forum with 160k+ users, if a post contains an offensive line or two, I'll edit out the unneeded part but leave the rest intact.

There is a difference between freedom of speech and license. Sometimes people hardly know the difference.

(More often than not our moderators on the forum generally use the edit to update older threads like the one I alluded to above).
    ∞Boundless∞