Thread: MS AntiSpyware Update

MS AntiSpyware Update

MS AntiSpyware's released a new patch that includes improved Winsock protection(finally!) as well as some additional features:

Quote:
    Overview
    Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) is a security technology that helps protect Windows users from spyware and other potentially unwanted software. Known spyware on your PC can be detected and removed. This helps reduce negative effects caused by spyware including slow PC performance, annoying pop-up ads, unwanted changes to Internet settings, and unauthorized use of your private information. Continuous protection improves Internet browsing safety by guarding over fifty (50) ways spyware can enter your PC.

Participants in the worldwide SpyNet™ community play a key role in determining which suspicious programs are classified as spyware. Microsoft researchers quickly develop methods to counteract these threats, and updates are automatically downloaded to your PC so you stay up to date.

Beta 1 Versions
    Since releasing Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) on January 6, 2005 (Build 1.0.501), we have continued to receive feedback from customers. We introduced a first beta refresh on February 16, 2005 (Build 1.0.509) which enhanced some of the real-time protection agents, added new threat categories, and improved stability and performance.

In this second beta refresh (Build 1.0.614), we’ve made other enhancements to the detection and removal capabilities, including improved Winsock LSP removal capabilities and support for long descriptions of categorized software. In addition, we have also extended the Windows AntiSpyware beta expiration date to December 31, 2005.

Existing users of the beta (Builds 1.0.501 and 1.0.509) will receive a software update that extends the expiration date and includes the enhancements to the detection and removal capabilities. The second beta refresh is also available for download through this site.

Source:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

where the heck is the software update? I've got version 1.0.501. Can you post a link to the update? I've searched all over and can't seem to find it. Maybe I'll just have to download the whole thing and reinstall.
    Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
    -Thomas Jefferson

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=777

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    The update will be pushed to you automatically. You'll see a popup telling you that a new version is available for download. Microsoft stages the rollout of this software just like they did with XP SP2.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

I don't why but I didn't get any popup. I've tried 'check for updates' but it's saying latest software installed. Isn't there a place to download the update?
    Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
    -Thomas Jefferson

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=777

Like thehorse13 said..it should update autmoatically..here's the link to the latest version though,if you want to download it all over again:
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...iSpyware.shtml

cheers

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I don't why but I didn't get any popup.
    You need to relax. Your PC is in queue for sure and when it's time, you will see the popup without having to do a thing.

Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden