Google Earth
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Earth

Google Earth

This little desktop download is awesome!!!
    http://earth.google.com/

You will see the download link

This puts 3d satellite images on your desktop in a world form. You can zoom in on different places spin it 360 then tilt it and it still looks relatively 3d. Then you can also do directions and everything.

Downside...
    requirements

Minimum configuration:

* Operating system: Windows 2000, Windows XP
    * CPU speed: Intel® Pentium® PIII 500 MHz
    * System memory (RAM): 128MB
    * 200MB hard-disk space
    * 3D graphics card: 3D-capable video card with 16MB VRAM
    * 1024x768, 32-bit true color screen
    * Network speed: 128 kbps ("Broadband/Cable Internet")
    you need to be connected to the internet to do it.... i cant imagine the size of the maps so i guess it makes sense
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

you are right it is really awesome... playing with it since installed. more interesting than atlas
    It\'s all about sense of power.

Hey Hey,

The software is definately very cool... I saw it before google bought it, but then they wanted you to pay for it completely.... I'm tempted to try the $20/year subscription... see if it increases the resolution of the overhead images on the screen... or if it's just of the screenshots because I'm pretty damn impressed with it.

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

Cool stuff..
    Although my neck of the woods is kinda blurry still, I guess that'll get better eventualy
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Yeah i used keyhole before too then i switched to World NASA because it was freee but more crappier also. anywas, this is cooo, the desktop download.
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

That didn't last very long, this is what I get when I go to the link:

Welcome, frustrated would-be planet surfer.

We appreciate your interest in accessing 3D geospatial information, but due to the technical limitations of this beta launch, Google Earth has been forced to take a brief breather. Please check back with us soon.

Thanks,

The Google Earth Team
    Cheers:
    DjM

Seems to be closed now. When you click the Free option it gives the following message:

"Welcome, frustrated would-be planet surfer.

We appreciate your interest in accessing 3D geospatial information, but due to the technical limitations of this beta launch, Google Earth has been forced to take a brief breather. Please check back with us soon.

Thanks,

The Google Earth Team"

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Mine still works... wonder if they're just not releasing the binary.

So, here it is.

<link removed> Further posts says it won't work anyway.

Let me know if it still works with new installs.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

AOs Resident Troll
    No

Its not working...the install worked...but cannot connect???

Maybe a firewall issue though???

MLF

Edit> what I meant to say the download and install worked....I cannot connect to google earth
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    I downloaded it from another site, here is the link: http://addict3d.org/index.php?page=downloadfile&ID=4064

edit: once i downloaded it i tried to start it up and i got an error msg saying that it couldnt contact Google's servers to finish the registration process, well i went to google.com and to the support page for Google Earth, they did have some answers to my problem but i did everything they told me to do. ie: turn off pop up blockers and nothing worked!
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted