C.I.P.H.E.R. - Application Layer Security Competition

Thread: C.I.P.H.E.R. - Application Layer Security Competition

Super Moderator
    Know-it-All Master Beaver

C.I.P.H.E.R. - Application Layer Security Competition

Hey Hey,

This is the first I've heard of this, and I haven't seen it posted here... much apologies if it has been but it looks quite interesting.

C.I.P.H.E.R.: Challenges in Informatics: Programming, Hosting and Exploring. Hosted by the RWTH ****** University.

It appears as though it's going to be a 6 hour, single day event to test the involved teams application layer security skills, both offensive and defensive. It's open to university students (can we have AO classified as a university and enter a team?)... but it looks like it's going to be pretty interesting.

They have room for 12 teams, and 3 of those slots are filled already... I've already contacted my security prof to see about entering a team, and I suggest anyone interested do the same.

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

Looks interesting. I wonder if I can get one of the ICS professors to claim to be "coach" and help me organize a team.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Very cool, I am curious if they allow Lambda Lambda fraternity to join?