Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally a Fish Sandwich!

Talking Finally a Fish Sandwich!

I have been trying for years to find an aquarium in the US that served fish and now that I finally found one PETA wants to change the menu. Really, every time I tour through an aquarium I end up thinking "man that trout, grouper, or sordfish would taste really good with some Jack Daniels sauce or some lemon-pepper batter.....hhhhhmmmmm".

Activists from PETA want an aquarium in California to stop serving fish in its cafeteria, reports the LA Times, saying that "serving fish at an aquarium is like serving poodle burgers at a dog show."

The head of PETA’s Fish Empathy Project, Karin Robertson, says the fish on offer at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach is unworthy of the institution.

"Fish are far more intelligent than previously thought, and in some respects their cognitive abilities surpass those of dogs and some nonhuman primates," Robertson wrote in a letter to the aquarium’s chief executive.
    Edit forgot the link:
    http://ktla.trb.com/news/local/ktla-...ll=ktla-news-1

The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

"Fish are far more intelligent than previously thought, and in some respects their cognitive abilities surpass those of dogs and some nonhuman primates,"
    Maybe that's why none of them have stood for election so far?

Fish Empathy Project? JTFC. Would you believe I was a PETA member once upon a youth?

//EDIT
    "Fish are far more intelligent than previously thought, and in some respects their cognitive abilities surpass those of dogs and some nonhuman primates,"
    Well Nihil I kind of agree with them on this. I wouldn't eat the "smart" ones unless It was a survival issue. Call my a hippo cretan. As for most fish, they have the brain of a frog... which is tasty treats.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Yes RoadClosed I think that the first thing to point out is that Whales, dolphins, porpoises etc are MAMMALS not fish.

Now I will turn the argument around, if fish eat fish, why shouldn't we.............given that they are "so intelligent" they must know better?

Anyways, there are fish to look at and admire, and those that are "tasty" they are generally not the same.

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Fish are good, i dont think they care if we eat their kind at an Aquarium or not lol.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

I keep a saltwater aquarium at home. I wouldn't dream of eating my corals or xenias. They are tough for me to keep healthy and admirable creatures. I love shrimp but who could eat a Banded Coral Shrimp? But give my a little smoked trout or some halibut with a light dill cream sauce and slightly chilled Pinot G. and I am happy.

Disclaimer.... all my corals and xenias are TANK raised. Thank you.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."

Re: Finally a Fish Sandwich!

Originally posted here by OverdueSpy
    every time I tour through an aquarium I end up thinking "man that trout, grouper, or sordfish would taste really good with some Jack Daniels sauce or some lemon-pepper batter.....hhhhhmmmmm".

That's freakin' hilarious
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

I really don't think the fish mind. Really. I'm pretty sure they don't recognize that little square fried patty as one of them.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

No Deb, they detect the patty by telepathy. And it stresses them out. Therefore they require human empathy. Which makes them feel better if beef is used or chicken. Even though they are cluless to the world outside of about 3 feet in either direction. Speaking of Chicken and stress. I bought some chicken from an organic store with the label "Lo Stress Chicken" WTF does that mean. It didn't say free range or gage free just "Low Stress" lol. Put the thing in the wild and see what "HIGH stress" means.
    West of House

I guess "low stress" means that the chicken has passed Pamela Anderson's ethical raising of chickens standards.

You know, I realised that this subject has caused me to backslide slightly. Because, when I read/heard the argument about how you are not served elephant burgers when you visit the Zoo. My first though was "I wonder how that would taste...elephant burgers eh?" I would guess that elephant would be kind of greasy and gamey tasting....shrug.

So how did the "low stress chicken" taste Road?
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!