Thread: Hiding an .exe within an image

Hiding an .exe within an image

I was wondering if anyone knows here how to hide an exe in an image file and make the extension be an image extension.

Now for the hard part ... once you have your image file with the exe inside how to make it open automatically ? (the exe)

Thank You
    Adam

What you're thinking of is called steganography. There's plenty of freeware programs out there that can do this for you. I don't think you can open the exe automatically if it's embedded in an image file. Are you trying to deliver a virus or something like that?

yes yes iv read about them and they are extremly usefull and every digtail watermarking if usefull all these programs work but do not achieve my final goul, i get the the image i want with the exe packed in but wen i open the image the exe does not execute any ideas ?

and im deff not delivering a virus its a personal matter but i assure u its not illegal

and im deff not delivering a virus its a personal matter but i assure u its not illegal
    Why should we trust you?...........you have not even had the courtesy to complete ANY of the profile information. And if it is personal go figure it personally.

Also you are deliberately writing in attempted English.

As Horse13 would say "don't feed the trolls"

The answer is it cannot be done, if it would launch automatically it could be seen. Hiding it means that you have to extract it first

Hi guys,

Ok zipsa, now why dnt you give more information about what you want to do? tell us what your goal is, what programs u used (that dint give you what u wanted), provide for us the EXE that u want to hide (We can work on it and see how to help u).

I hope you have done some reeding about this website and aware of the rules and regulations over here, See you cant just come here and ask about some virus spreding technique and say: I can asure you am not doing anything illegal.

When you ready to tell us more, am sure u will find ppl ready to elp u.

Regards
    The FACT that people ignore FACTS
    doesnt mean that FACTS are not FACTS

You need to think this through........

1. You have an executable
    2. You have an image file
    3. You split the executable and disperse it amongst the image file.

It is now no longer an executable. It needs to be extracted, consolidated, loaded into memory and launched. This is not rocket science it is how all the fragmented programs on your hard drive work. Only in the case of the hard drive programs they do not have to be extracted from another medium first.

Similarly, you cannot run an encrypted or a compressed file. You have to unencrypt or decompress them first. In all cases you have a two stage process at least.

You can prove this to yourself do a google search for Hjsplit, download the software and copy an executable under a different name (regedit or something like that). Run the copy, and it will work.

Now: Use Hjsplit to break the copied executable into two parts and delete or rename the copied original that you made the parts from. Try to run the executable.............it won't run That is because you have broken the contiguity of the two parts of the program. Use Hjsplit to re-assemble it and it will work.

I remember playing with this about 5 or 6 years ago. It would work, but you had to deliver a contiguous executable file that would extract the virus and run it. This basically added an unnecessary step to the process.

You also need to think about file associations. Most stuff that will open an image file is incapable of launching an executable anyway, let alone extracting, consolidating and renaming (changing the extension) of it.

It won't work so forget it..............try plastic explosive, you might find it a much simpler technology to understand

You could try using an exe melter, although you would have to combine the file with another exec.
    Images may work but don't know I can't think of any situation where a ligit exe would need to be concealed in something else and ran automatically.

Ah the old days of netbus.......What a lamer I was.

Like everyone said not enough info givin.
    Whats a \"START\" button?