Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ive been attacked, in need to fight back.

ive been attacked, in need to fight back.

ok i know that this isnt the kind of stuff that should be asked on this site but i have no where to turn. well it all sounds pretty stupid because its about a stupid game called runescape, my little bro got a keylogger somehow and this guy stole all his passwords and everything my brother is really upset and so am i. i reported it to the game staff (who just said they were sorry), i have the ip-address of the person who did this
    because when you log in the game it says, "you last loged in from (ip-address)" i need to get back at this person somehow, my brothers been playing for 4 years and this dude took everything he spent his time on. pls dont flame me i really need help E-mail or pm me with any advice or to lead me in the right direction, like websites that could help me out cause i know this website is about security not revenge. any help is appreciated, thank you.

It's not something you can learn overnight. That requires the skills of someone who knows what they're doing, and that would take a lot, lot, lot of time studying and learning for you. There's really nothing we can do to give you an easy step-by-step "this is how you get them" answer. It just doesn't work that way.

of course, i know a little but not enough to do anything, should i port scan this guy look for weaknesses or what? i tried but the port scanner didnt show any open ports or anything i think i need a new one, the one i have is called port scan 3.0 by cyrus its from hackoffice 2001 ive had it for a while do u think i need a new one?

What makes you think you know his IP address..................it may well be someone else's, after all he managed to put a keylogger on your box?

He might be using a proxy?.

He might be using an unsecured WiFi link.

He might be using a dynamic IP address, so someone else gets it as soon as he logs off?

Anyway, if you can still log into the game, how come you cannot change your login/password?

How do you know that it was a keylogger rather than a backdoor or trojan? did you find it? have you checked for backdoors and trojans? I wouldn't trust anything on that machine now.

In short...............forget it.

the ip address looks like a road runner ip im pretty sure its not a proxy i have roadrunner too and its not dynamic ip, i can log in the game but he took all my brothers things. i know its a keylogger cause i scaned my bros computer, with nortan it couldnt delete it i dont know why so we did a system restore, nothing important on the box anyways

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Bite the bullet........

At LEAST format disc and re-install.
    If you have neither the skills or the discs, it only leaves you plan B.

Buy a new[er] PC ?
    Start this one with strong security from day one.
    ALL users use ctl-alt-del to login AND STRONG passwords.

Only allow users on AS users.
    NO ONE has access to the admin bar you ............
    No exceptions no excuses.

Lurk here and pick up as much as you can with regards to keeping your PC AS your PC.

Is the accused PC still useable?
    Have you given it a one over with ANY security tools ?

Try THIS
    It's a thread to help you clean out your PC, and it has a link to another good thread too.

From earlier post........

How DO you know it was key logger ?

At the very least you should answer these posts, and give info as requested.
    I'm afraid that in regards to your 'attacker'.
    Let it go
    move on

make it harder, if not impossible to get in again...............

[edit]
    Damn.
    but I've GOTTA learn to type QUICKER
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

pls dont flame me
    snicker
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

i have roadrunner too and its not dynamic ip

the only time roadrunner gives static IP addresses is if its a business accoutn, so if this guy has static then he either is paying some money for it or is on a company network...if its the latter and you try and attack you will get burned for it. RR ip addresses are mostly dynamic, although they do stay the same for quite a bit of time.

ok, and lets say this is not o business account, how do you know he is not bouncing his connection throgh another computer that he "owned".

attacking this guy is just plain stupid, especially over a game. think about it. revenge for steal bits of data in a virtual game and possibly going to jail, getting fined, losing your ISP, etc... or taking it as alesson learned and moving on.

also...have you ever toyed with the idea that MAYBE your brother GAVE him the un/pw becasue they were "friends" or becasue he was supposed to have access to the other guys account also. I know alot of people who do crap like that in online games and in return get screwed over. and the "keylogger" you found may have very well been a coincidence, becasue this seems like a whole lot of work and risk for a stupid game password.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

the computer isnt mine its my little brothers. it has norton firewall, scanner. i dont know how he got the keylogger because he doesnt download anything he just plays his game. im sure it was a keylogger unless norton was lyng. i gave the game admin the persons ip and told them he was violating game rules and my rights, but they wont even look into it, oh well i guess they're busy spending thier money or something. its not that bad the computer is gonna be fine it just frustrates me that someone is geting away with all my brothers stuff. oh well its just a game i know, i just wish i was capable of taking revenge.

Originally posted here by XTC46
    the only time roadrunner gives static IP addresses is if its a business accoutn, so if this guy has static then he either is paying some money for it or is on a company network...if its the latter and you try and attack you will get burned for it. RR ip addresses are mostly dynamic, although they do stay the same for quite a bit of time.

ok, and lets say this is not o business account, how do you know he is not bouncing his connection throgh another computer that he "owned".

attacking this guy is just plain stupid, especially over a game. think about it. revenge for steal bits of data in a virtual game and possibly going to jail, getting fined, losing your ISP, etc... or taking it as alesson learned and moving on.

also...have you ever toyed with the idea that MAYBE your brother GAVE him the un/pw becasue they were "friends" or becasue he was supposed to have access to the other guys account also. I know alot of people who do crap like that in online games and in return get screwed over. and the "keylogger" you found may have very well been a coincidence, becasue this seems like a whole lot of work and risk for a stupid game password.
    your right im on probation alreadly lol but hey im a juvinile and juvie is day-care compared to the pen. i know my brother didnt exchange passwords hes not that retarded, at first we thought someone just figured it out by brute-force or guessing so we just changed the password and moved on, but then they would log on any charactor that anyone loged into on that certain computer so i logged into one of the charactors he just logged off and got his ip, i dont think he faked the ip or anything i think he is probly a script kiddie who knows how to use a keylogger, but i gotta give him credit cause he got us.