Correllation between computer nerd and fan of anime, you tell me.

Thread: Correllation between computer nerd and fan of anime, you tell me.

Correllation between computer nerd and fan of anime, you tell me.

Several of my fellow computer nerds (myself included) are also, either open or closet, fans of anime. Is this a pretty general thing? What's the correllation betwixt the two?
    \"Today a young man on acid realizes that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one conscienceness experiencing itself subjectively; life is only a dream and we\'re an imagination of ourselves. Here\'s Tom with the weather.\"

Well I personally have no great interest at all, but anime are basically cartoons or artwork. And virtually all that sort of work is done on computers these days.

Also a lot of computer games contain what are effectively anime characters?

Those are just a couple of links that spring to mind.

Anime is *usually* cartoons or artwork of a Japanese or East-Asian nature. So, we can't say any and all cartoons truly qualify as "anime".
    \"Today a young man on acid realizes that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one conscienceness experiencing itself subjectively; life is only a dream and we\'re an imagination of ourselves. Here\'s Tom with the weather.\"

Flash M0nkey
    meh I hate using the word anime - to me anime now represents the likes of pokemon, dragonball Z, etc

but in the traditional sense of the word Akira, 3x3 eyes, ghost in a shell, etc are also anime and I do not want to lump them all together. We need a new word for for the IMHO better forms of anime such as akira so they are not associated with the other crap

********** |ceWriterguy
    I think it's more the sci-fi/fantasy and roleplay aspect of it that attracts us - things of anime which are also in computer games. Combine it with a healthy dose of sex (as in most manga and other anime types) and you have the perfect 'geek's addiction'.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

I guess I'm not a cliche nerd/geek afterall..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Banned
    I like the sex cartoons.

Originally posted here by d0pp
    I like the sex cartoons.
    haha hentai? I'm a computer geek but i can't stand anime.

ha, I'm a computer geek but I'm such a big anime fan that it's crazy lol. I got into anime way before I got into computers so I'm not sure how they mix.

And to valhallen... NEVER say the words Dragon Ball Z and Anime in the same sentence again! DBZ is nothing but an Americanillized cartoon... when my grandmother of 75 knows what Dragon Ball Z is... we got problems.

I like anime... acctually I don't know why... but I do.
    .: Tech Hit :.

I'm not a big fan of anime, but it can be intresting. My roommate though is otaku...

Oh and the vast majority of "real" anime as still done in cell format, but they do polish it on a computer.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.