Pride moment: Mah new bike
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pride moment: Mah new bike

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Talking Pride moment: Mah new bike

Ok. I have to puff out in pride at my new bike. I've been waiting 10 weeks for this custom build, custom paint job bike (made by Gunnar Bikes). So, here are -- FINALLY -- the pictures of my new custom Gunnar Rock Tour. My "test" ride ended up being a tour around Lake Simcoe (700+KM), which is where I've been for the last week or so.

Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Congratulations, MsM.....................

Although I have worked in aerospace for a number of years..............first time I ever saw a "fly by wire" bicycle (first two pictures )

********** |ceWriterguy
    That is a truly sweet touring ride. Looks very comfortable. How's the gear action? Smooth as I expect?
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Yeah. Very smooth on the gearing. This bike has what is known as "Brifters" (combo brake/shifter setup). As I shift I can even move the chain a "smidgen" so it doesn't rub against the derailleurs (known as "trimming"). This bike uses Shimano 105 (racing components) for the front and Shimano LX (mountain bike components) for the rear. I'll eventually switch to XT which is the stronger version of the MTB components and can take quite the beating..
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

********** |ceWriterguy
    Sweet. Now where're you going to mount the cd player and pa system, and the rack for your laptop and satlink?
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Banned
    I knew I saw you in the Tour de France today!

Congratulations... bike looks nicie

Great Ride there MSM. Outstanding quality and paint!

I'd only make one recommendation, if I may? Stick a H & L 127 cubic inch Gladiator right smack dab in the middle of it. Might need to beef up the rear frame just a scoosh..... j/k

Hope it brings you many miles of enjoyment!

~cheers~
    Connection refused, try again later.

Congratulations msmittens, being a rider myself i know it feels to have a bike just the way you like it. congrates again
    It\'s all about sense of power.

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: Pride moment: Mah new bike

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    Ok. I have to puff out in pride at my new bike. I've been waiting 10 weeks for this custom build, custom paint job bike
    Sorry MsM, but to me a bike's a bike Obviously not so to bikey people. Now if I had been waiting 10 weeks for a custom build, custom paint job drum kit, that would be worth waiting for, I too would be puffing out, not only with pride, but at my age with sheer exhaustion

Happy pedalling
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /uploads/newbikeload.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Me can't see it
    was it something I said
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone