Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NT Workstation

NT Workstation

Hello, i don't know if this topic is going make me banned, but i need all the help i can get.

I have a Windows NT workstation runing a Oracle Data Base, last time i have loged in was last year, and know i need to change the IP range so that i can connect to another network, but i don't remember the administrator password.

I have been looking on the internet ways to by pass the NT security. so far the only think that worked, is that i have changed the Screen login saver, to a cmd.exe.

For what i have read, the comand line is using administrative previleges, but i don't know how to change password, or add a user to the administrative group by command
    i have tryied some commands similar to Linux, but they don't work.

Those anyone here knows what commands can i execute to change or add a user to the administrative group, or change the administrator password

Thanks.

I sorry if this is agains antionline rules, but i am despaired

Banned
    1. boot the workstation into a different OS (Linux, NTFSDos)
    2. copy the sam file or back up (google their exact location on the net)
    3. crack them w/ a passwork cracker (SamInside, JtR)

You can also try to log onto the workstation using the Oracle DBA account name. I seen many instalations where (For some reason that escapes me) the DBA account was added to the local administrator group.

Just a thought prior to grabing the sam and cracking with JTR.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

ERD Commander

Or use ERD Commander from Winternals Software ..saved my a** a few times .

Link to site

Offcourse this is not a free utility but handy to have.

This Site provides a source to make a bootdisk (cd or floppy) to reset a NT password even on NTFS.

Good luck

C.
    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.

sounds like this is part of a network. so log on as the network admin.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Originally posted here by Tedob1
    sounds like this is part of a network. so log on as the network admin.
    Yea, but Oracle running on a workstation? The workstation probably isn't on the domain. Or there isn't a domain. I know, I know but if you've seen what I've seen....

btw tedb01 Yesterday a few of my coworkers were amazed to learn that the matrix had them... Thanks for the script
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Thank you all for the replys, i have done it

I have used the login screen saver exploit, i manage to change the password

This is a NT Workstation Running a Oracle DataBase here, there is no Domain.

i guess i haven't seen what you've seen dinowuff. i really can't concive of a workstation not being part of the domain. it makes me happy you enjoyed that script. next time i use it im going to add "knock knock" to it and knock on their wall when the box closes.

yuris you'd make your life allot easier by keeping a burned copy of the 'offline NT password & registry editor' around.

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

This Nt Workstation is not under a Domain, because the person who was before me on this company, didn't get it under a domain.

I needed the Admin password, because i im going to change there ip range, and get them under a Domain at 2 milles trougth routers.

im getting all the company back together, im creating vpn so that they stay under a single domain.

Thanks for the tips, i am already creating a Password DataBase.