Hi,

I started learning C++ a month or two ago, but I haven't been able to get a very good grip on it yet. I was learning form the "SANS Teach Yourself C++ in 24 Hours" book, which is very good, but I really can't advance unless I can actually try things out for myself. This is why I am posting this thread: could one of you please recommend a good project for me to do, and also suggest some resources to help me along with it? I would really appreciate this, as it'd really make me think, which would make the learning process much faster! I have looked at the Programming Sites/Resources thread but I was wondering if you could recommend some good tutorials which would specifically help me along the road to achieving the project! You could always just promote the ones in that thread Thanks!

edit: I learnt some Liberty BASIC quite a while ago, but that was a really bad language in my opinion. Therefore, I was recommended C++ for its encouragement of good code structure and variable definition etc, so please keep in mind that it's my first "real" programming language!

J_K9