Xytel Prestige 600 DSL modem

Thread: Xytel Prestige 600 DSL modem

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

Xytel Prestige 600 DSL modem

Hi, Earthlink is my ISP things were fine with them til recently.. i have a Xytel prestige 600 dsl modem series and it has been acting up lately, i cant even connect to the internet! i run the modem diagnotics and i get an ADSL error.... the troubleshooting says its a problem with earthlinks network but i have called tech support and got no where.... my modem is connected to my pc ( running XP Pro) via ethernet cable and that is connected to the modem which is connected to the wall phone jack ( i have a dsl filter so that i can have a phone line and DSL line connected on the same phone jack... any ideas whats wrong? my DSL worked fine until last week... there is no construction going on in my neighborhood that i know of.

edit: the lights that are lit up on my modem are: Power and system but, i should also have a green light for "DSL" and "activity" neither of those are lit or even blinking like something is wrong, and i have power cycled the modem many times.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

It sounds too obvious but I did it myself when I was in a hurry once -- make sure the filter is not on the line to the modem. Guud way to mek leetle ADSL litte goo owt.

hmmmm i didnt think of that thanx for the idea, i will see what happens
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

i got it to work now thanx for the suggestion but now i cant use my phone since the dsl is plugged straight into the phonejack but i will get one of those splitter things and everything should be alright... thanx again
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

No prob. I had the tech support guy running in circles until I woke up to the obvious. I called him back to let him know and by his reaction assume he has added this question in bold early on in his diagnostic flow chart.

ya things are good now.... its funny how most of the time the problem is so ovious but we over think it.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted