Hey Hey,

A client that I do some consulting work for recently approached me asking abput SPF (Sender Policy Framework)...

I ran a search and there's brief mention of it in some threads but I didn't spot a major discussion on it (although I'm sure as soon as I post this, there will be one in related threads..)..

I've never used it, nor have I seen it before... but it seems a little sketchy to me. There's no mention of what SPF does if there's no "reverse MX" entry in DNS and with the way some of his clients are, this isn't something we want to be finding out while in production.

They claim that they're saving you from a "bad name" but in reality anyone that's worth listening to is going to take one look at the IP Address and realize that it didn't actually come from you... I've also seen a bunch of sites that are Anti SPF...

I can see upsides and downsides and I'm curious as to who is using it and who refuses to and what their opinions of it are. The site looks like one of those catch your eye, unload a lot of BS sites so I'm really confused as to what to recommend.

I'll be out of town until Sunday night but I'll check in then. Thanks in Advance.

Peace,
HT