Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 2

Battlefield 2

Anyone else here play regularly?
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

when i have money to play buy it....
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

I've been jamming to the demo. One day I'll get to the store to buy it. Fiance dreads bestbuy, so I don't get there too often :P.

Banned
    why would someone be scared of BestBuy

Cause she is 100% non-technical and feels out of place there. Not to mention the one here is VERY overcrowded during all hours that its open.

I played it pretty regularly for a week or two but then a few things started happening that led me to take a break from it (bugs, spawn campers, squad leaders hiding so everyone can spawn on them (makes clearing a base impossible), imbalanced units (the helicopters and planes are ludicrous in the amount of damage they can take), and so help me god vehicle stealers (that one made me snap)...etc...I still like it, still play it (even got my lance corporal), but I hope the upcoming patch at least fixes some of the more annoying things like the browser.

EDIT: Funny side note on the vehicle thing...our team SUCKED...they would make it maybe 45s in a vehicle...so I patiently waited for the Abrams to spawn and then before I could even hit e to get in the vehicle a teammate jumps in and drives off and doesn't even wait for me to be a turret gunner (grr). So I jump in a jeep drive to another base, jump in a tank, go off to battle, clear out the enemy base take the flag, jump out of my tank to repair it (engineer), and watch my tard teammate freaking jump in and drive off my vehicle (not even fully repaired)...and then turn around and shoot me when I complained...alright I think to myself...gonna be that way eh? So I drive back to our main base and MINE EVERY vehicle and promptly leave...Things like that have made me sour on BF2...but on the rare occasion when you can get a bunch of people working together and not behaving like 2 year olds it can be alot of fun.

There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Banned
    I play SOCOM 1 and 2. I know it's not BF but I would think that it's actually better and more fun. All the games are consistent and you have voice chat. SOCOM 3 will have vehicles.

http://www.socom3.com/

i've been going a little nuts on BattleField Vietnam..

sorry just had to throw in my 5 dollars worth...

FRONTY....

Blast From the Past
    my video card cant handle battlefield2
    ati raideon 9550

SO i guess il save my money to buy better parts then blowing 50$ on a game i cant even play yet
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

I have BF2, however it doesn't feel like a completed project to me. Perhaps more like beta software. Bugs and small glitches abound, hopefully they'll release a patch soon.
    ∞Boundless∞