Hi,

I am having a very weird problem, which I believe I mentioned in another thread. I have a Linksys WAG54G-UK v1.2 and for weeks it has been working properly, with firmware 1.02.7. All of a sudden, a few days ago, I woke up and tried to connect to my wireless network - but I couldn't. So, I tried searching for the SSID manually, and still nothing showed up. So, I connected to my router via an ethernet cable, and when I checked the wireless settings page they were all exactly as they had been. Upon closer inspection of the router itself, I realized that the WLAN LED was off. How can this be? The wireless network was working perfectly the night before, and then in the morning it didn't!

I have tried hard resetting it, but that didn't fix the problem. I have tried restoring the router to factory defaults (but it didn't restore it to the original firmware - why?), but that didn't work either. Please help me, because I am running out of things to try. I have even enabled SSID broadcasting, but once again, I couldn't find the bl00dy network! It is very unlikely that the router has suffered any physical damage, because I was the only person in my room all night () so the only person who would've been able to even touch it is me - and I didn't. A power surge could've been the cause - but then why would the router still power on, still have all my configurations, and still allow me to access the internet via ethernet?

edit:
From ReviewCentre
The Linksys WAG54g v1.2 does not work properly. I have had two both of which over heat and the wireless connection drops. This is a design fault. After spending hours on the phone to a monkey in manila they finally agreed to change the unit and upgrade me to the WAG54g v2 which for the past couple of months has worked without fault.
Maybe I should get m'self a new'un?

Thanks in advance,

J_K9