Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Dennis

Hurricane Dennis

Just as people in Florida were getting back up after last years hurricanes, now Florida is going to be blasted by what is already a Category 4 hurricane. It's less than 10 miles away from being a Category 5 hurricane which is the highest category a hurricane can be. I'm bracing for Dennis, my family and I have been buying some supplies and are prepared to possibly lose power. My friend let me borrow one of his power generators and this one can power my house for 10 hours straight until a refill of gas is needed.

Blah, but overall I'm pretty worried. This hurricane seems like it can do damage and it's already raining ALOT where I am and the hurricane hasn't hit yet. Anyways, is anyone else bracing for the hurricane? What are you guys doing to prepare for it (those in the area)? What do you think about Dennis and it's possible impact, etc?
    Space For Rent.. =]

I can't wait until I get a hurricane named after me.

Originally posted here by heinouskyle
    I can't wait until I get a hurricane named after me.
    Why do you have to trivialize something that has the potential to do so must damage to property and human life.
    DjM

Originally posted here by DjM
    Why do you have to trivialize something that has the potential to do so must damage to property and human life.
    I suppose that's just part of my personality.

Originally posted here by heinouskyle
    I suppose that's just part of my personality.
    Then I'm glad I don't know you, you sound like a *****!
    DjM

Umm.. yeah, well back on topic please..
    Space For Rent.. =]

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Originally posted here by DjM
    a *****!
    Maybe I should have started a new thread, but why oh why do people insist on having www on their profile, pointing to yahoo , google, AO, etc, or worse still 404's. WTF is the point. Could someone please explain. Yes some of the web sites may not be brilliant, but they exist, and someone has spent some time on them , whether they be just learning or not, they have at least tried to be creative. As for the rest I won't put my thoughts here, will probably get banned
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Maybe I should have started a new thread
    That would have been nice, but.. bleh forget it.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    I am down in south florida (fort Lauderdale) and we are keeping a close eye on this bastard. For those most part it looks like we will be spared. Right now out sode the winds are picking up and gusting to about 30 mph. A category 4 hurricane is not to be joked about. They are very very dangerous. Trust me I know because I went thru Hurricane Andrew back in 1992. That was a horrible horrible hurricane and it devistated most of south florida and miami.

Spyder: I wish you the best man. Put up shutters and get yourself and your family to a shelter. IF you take a direct impact from this, it could be really bad to be in your home. Our homes down here are all solid concrete construction, and even then Andrew ripped it apart.

My cousins are in Louisianna right on the coast. They have all boarded up and flown to disney world to try and make some good of this. Most likly they will not have a home to go to when they return.

Just prepare, prepare, prepare.

My prayers are with you and your family.

xmaddness

Spyder32,

Board her up good and Best of Luck during this Sumbiacthen Dennis. I'm on the Atlantic side, follow the coast up to you see that elbow sticking out into the ocean. We'll get ours this year as well. We're just standing by for Africa to start farting them out. When they do, I'll be putting the metal storm shutters up, checking the generator, getting extra culligan jugs and the like. Take care.

Tyler
    Connection refused, try again later.