Thread: Hacking Exposed 5th edition

King Tutorial-ankhamun

Hacking Exposed 5th edition

Ok, this is not a review but this forum seemed like the best place to but this. My library had the 3rd edition, do you think Hacking Exposed 5th edition will have enough new material it make it worth getting? I do like the series.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Heh.. I have editions 1-4 and have always found them worthwhile to get. Since there is nothing out yet as to what they will cover (I would expect a little more on XP and Wireless) it's probably a best to wait and see. The Amazon option to see inside the book is from the 2nd edition so that doesn't help unfortunately.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Is it available on the net?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Is it available on the net?
    Uh.. given that the 5th Edition isn't scheduled to be released until May, 2005 I'd doubt it. You can find a lot of the material/tools at http://www.hackingexposed.com and I'm sure somewhere there is an e-book available (probably of 2nd/3rd editions)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I guess the fifth edition will be more solicitude upon wireless secutriy and bluetooth technology. As these subjects are getting more highlighted recentely.
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    Uh.. given that the 5th Edition isn't scheduled to be released until May, 2005 I'd doubt it. You can find a lot of the material/tools at http://www.hackingexposed.com and I'm sure somewhere there is an e-book available (probably of 2nd/3rd editions)

thx for the site^^ ths does help me

Yes,ty Ms.M
    \"what about a robot with a Human brain?\" bart simpson