Thread: KCPenTrix Released

KCPenTrix Released

Hey Hey,

I know that most of you already have your live CD of choice for penetration testing and that for the most part they are all the same, but another CD has been released... KCPenTrix and it's SLAX based...

Here's the email that came out to the pen-test@sec-focus mailing list.

Dear List,

Knowledgecave has the proud to announce that KCPenTrix _Ver 1.0 is now
    _avaible..

What is KCPenTrix ?

KCPentrix is liveCD design to be a standalone Penetration testing toolkit for pentesters and security analysts

KCPenTrix based on SLAX, a Slackware live cd and gentoo,auditor and whoppix.

The Powerful modularity which KCPenTrix uses, allow us easily customize our version, and include whichever modules we like from any Slax distribution.

I know there is already many liveCD that provide penetration testing and so on, but they don't suit generaly our full needs, so i created KCPentrix Hoping to be another good Pentest distribution.

You can find more info at Kcpentrix Homepage at www.knowledgecave.com/kcpentrix

Best Regards,
    Kc crew
    I haven't checked it out yet... but it's downloading right now... If you test it before I do, let me know what you think

Peace,
    HT

AO Senior Cow-beller
    woo hoo.

Another Live Linux security CD. I honestly don't have the time to consider yet one more of these. I'm not knocking the item itself; I can't, I haven't tried it out. But it seems like these things are more common then laid-off-IT-workers-with-their-own-LLC-side-business-for-computer-support.

I'd be happy to look at a short list of valuable distro's to try, if someone wants to do an exhaustive comparison. Yes, I'm all talk with no action...but honestly, I simply don't have the time. I've tried Helix. It was ok (not perfect). I've tried INSERT (because it is on one of my favorite tools, the Ultimate Boot Disc), and like it.

Please, let us know what you think.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore