Originally posted here by J_K9
I know.... Sorry for not making myself clear enough, yes the problem is when I'm tring to send email using SMTP.
That's what I always thought, after all aren't incoming connection filtered by consumer grade firewalls (routers), but none of the outgoing ones are? Then why does POP3/IMAP work perfectly and SMTP doesn't? Shouldn't it be the opposite way round? Well, I'd like to be able to fix this problem, no matter what it is.

I'm going to call Linksys up about my router (whose WLAN now doesn't work), so maybe I should ask them about why the SMTP doesn't work, while I'm there? Thanks again,

J_K9
Hey Hey,

Have you checked with your ISP? Especially since it's a DSL line... A lot of bigger ISPs are filtering SMTP so that you must use your own port... A router wouldn't be blocking an outbound SMTP connection (not a home one anyways)... so the odds are your ISP will only allow you to connect to it's SMTP servers...

If this is the case there is some mail software that will let you pick another mail server so that you can route everything through your ISPs mail servers...

Peace,
HT