Harry Potter is EVIL!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter is EVIL!

Banned

Harry Potter is EVIL!

It's official: Harry Potter is evil! He distorts Christianity in the soul - the pope has finally seen the truth about this clear and present danger to our youth!

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...YPOTTER-DC.XML

Does that mean that I am now the devil, having read all five of them? =P

Silly syndicated press.
    \"I **** better men than you.\"
    ~Sandor Clegane
    \"The Hound\"

seduce young readers
    Get outta here. Take that bullsh*t somewhere else and let people read what they want to read. It's their GOD given right.. *sigh*
    Space For Rent.. =]

Banned
    Just make sure you don't read the sixth one, say 100 Hail Mary's for every one you've read, and go to Santiago de Compostella by foot, and you shall be fine.

say 100 Hail Mary's for every one you've read, and go to Santiago de Compostella by foot, and you shall be fine.
    Bleh, I'll do all that possibly.. but not read the 6th one I won't!
    Space For Rent.. =]

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    I've been saying that all along ! And that Tooth Fairy is in co-hoots with the Easter Bunny ! And if you spin the Magical Mystery Tour backwards you'll go blind....errrrrr....or somethin' like that

Eg

Banned
    Yeah, and I believe that J. K. Rowling is trying to warp the moral and christian beliefs of our young children. Gimme a break.

I've read and enjoyed all of them. Definitely hasn't affected my core beliefs. 'Course, I ain't Catholic any more (Born Roman Catholic, converted to Mormonism in early teens, got kicked out of that, now just a basic Christian).

Parents should read what their children read. Potter books, Lemony Snicket books, Eragon, whatever. Not only does it give you some common ground, but you can discuss the conflict between good and evil presented in them and reconcile that with your own faith in a reasonable, supportive manner.

It's certainly better than accepting an edict from some religious leader.

Let's see here, getting kids to read is evil says the catholic church.

...I guess touching them is different ? ....

Ass backwards crap
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool - Good Ole Bill Shakespeare

Harry potter is evil...and the DeVinci code sucked.

but the vatican should still shut the hell up about it all.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Ah damn, and i have an order for it too......

I had a feeling i was going to dislike this pope. Can anyone link to the picture with the parental advice sticker for the bible ?
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?