Hi,

I'm using Ubuntu Linux 5.04; first I went to the Synaptic Package Manager, and "marked" xfce4, but that also included loads of other packages. I downloaded them all, but the xfce-panel had an md5sum mismatch, so Synaptic didn't download it or any other packages. So, I just went into terminal because I got slightly annoyed with Synaptic (lol). In terminal, I did:
sudo apt-get install xfce4
That installed quite a lot of stuff, but not everything (check out this for the result of "...--fix-missing"). Then, I logged out and logged back into my user using Xfce. All of a sudden, I got a warning saying that my account was trying to logout in less than 10 seconds of loading Xfce, which meant that there was an error. I managed to save the error - here it is:
Code:
/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: Registering your session with wtmp and utmp
/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: running: /usr/bin/X11/sessreg -a -w /var/log/wtmp -u /var/run/utmp -x "/var/lib/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h "" -l ":0" "jk9"
/etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
/usr/bin/startxfce4: X server already running on display :0
Agent pid 20138
Agent pid 20143
Agent pid 20143 killed
The results of "ps 20138" and "ps 20143":
Code:
jk9@ubuntu:~$ ps 20138
  PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
20138 ?        Ss     0:00 /usr/bin/ssh-agent
jk9@ubuntu:~$ ps 20143
  PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
The process 20143 doesn't exist, because, as you can see, it has been killed.

Can someone please tell me how I can get Xfce working on Ubuntu? From the screenshots I've seen of it, I'll like it quite a lot, and it's also not as power-hungry as WMs like GNOME and KDE. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

J_K9