Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How can I "hack" into my computer in my network?

Question How can I "hack" into my computer in my network?

Hey all... i know this might seem like a touchy subject. I want to learn for fun, how to hack my own computer in my own network. I have 2 computers running Windows XP and are both under a router both having a 192.168.x.x IP address. How can i have some fun breaking into one of them. All of this is for a learning experience and of course for fun cuz its so boring during the summer. I go to college and I am trying to major in Computer Networking SPecialization. I know how to program in the C language as well.

So if anyone can give me some how to's on where to start. I already know basic networking, IP addresses and the like since i have taken a college Networking class, but i need to know actual commands and how to's on the matter. I know installing a Trojan on of them is of course the easy way, but i really don't wanna do it like that.

I truly and legitimately only want to learn this for learning experience because it will help me in the future. I do not want to do this to break the law. I will not do any illegal activities with any of the information that I recieve.

1. Get an Axe

2. Place Computer on desk

3. Swing axe at computer, hack all day.

Hoopy Frood
    Well, first off, what kind of hacking do you want to learn? Are you wanting to learn how to break in if you have physical access to the machine? Or are you wanting to learn how to learn how to break in from a remote location?
    The great thing about learning how to hack is that you learn how to defend against said hacks, too! (And vice versa.) You will also learn a ton about the OS. If you really put your mind to it and learn the flaws and vulnerabilities of a system you're going to have a great knowledge about how the operating system works under the hood than if you'd never done it, IMHO.

- Xierox
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

did you really just say you want a "how to" guide to hacking.... well your wish is my command.

www.cisco.com <--- one of the best hacking resources ever
    www.google.com <--- greatest hacke tool ever
    http://www.microsoft.com/library/err...kb/default.asp <--- this will tell you tons of exploits for windows
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/ <--- best viruses to use (well the newest and most popular)

but dont tell anyone about those leet pages I want to keep them a secret for the skiddies.

1. Get an Axe

damn kids these days and their technology, back in my day we used dull rocks tied to a stick.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Xierox you seem like the most reasonable and smartest person that has replied. Thank you for not being a goof. Yes I want to learn how to get into one of my computers in my network from a remote location. That remote location is only a few feet away. I want to learn this since im getting into Computer Networking then eventually NEtworking Security. I just want a head start before i get my degree.

Hoopy Frood
    Yeah, gore was just goofing off but we all forgive him 'cause he's gore and we all love him. He really knows his stuff.
    XTC46 actually gave you some good advice. You want the latest known exploits? Look at security sites giving their details! You want to know what virus is most likely to affect your target system? Check Symantec for which viruses are currently wreacking the most havock on the same OS as your target system! But still, thanks for the compliment.

- X

-- Søren Kierkegaard

That and back when I joined asking this would have your ass banned in 5 minutes tops.

and cl@ude...your nose is getting a little brown there...maybe you should back off xierox a little.

you want to learn? then do what everyone else does and learn from the ground up. Dont ask what command to use, figure out what you want to do then find a command (actually a series of commands) and go for it. you say you want to learn so lear dont ask for how tos.

Hoopy Frood
    Originally posted here by XTC46
    and cl@ude...your nose is getting a little brown there...maybe you should back off xierox a little.
    He was just doing what I do. Compliment those who post stuff I find helpful. Geesh... back off the li'l man.

-- Søren Kierkegaard

Xierox you seem like the most reasonable and smartest person that has replied
    no thats kissing ass because you were the one you bit and didnt tell him RTFM