Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How can I "hack" into my computer in my network?

Hoopy Frood
    Basically, I just asked him to clarify what kind of hacking he was interested in... The rest of my post was just a little ramble that came to my mind and went out through my fingers... Sorry for trying to clarify, XTC46.

- X
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

Talking

cl@ude, I just want to give you some advise. If you want to learn about computer security I would ask just alittle bit diffrently. As you know you can't trust anybody on the net. If everybody here starts spewing off ways to break into a network or computer, some kiddies might take this knowledge as use it in the wrong way. So you can see how some people might think you are just tring to find ways to hack in to somebodys system and cause damage. I think the best ways to learn, first, get all the books you can on the topic you are looking for. If your wanting to learn about html and web hacking there are books out there just for this purpose. As well as any other platform your looking to learn about. Also this web site is one of the best tools you have. There are old threds here that can teach you anything you need to know. Some of the good books I like are Happy Hacker by Carolyn P Meinel. This is a very good book. It will teach you a ton of beginner stuff all the way to more advanced skills. also Network Security a hackers persoective by Ankit Fadia. This book is very in depth great desk reference. You mentioned that you know "C" you should also get a how-to book on perl a very good languge to learn. All of this will help defeat attacks agaist you machines and network. These books will give more of the information you are looking for than any collage networkoing book you may use. I would just sit back and read this web site for two or three weeks, get these books and study, and you will get what your looking for. Some people here don't like it when you ask how to hack something. I can understand that but do not be detoured from this site it is very helpfull
    Hope I helped take care
    P.S. A web sites www.Happyhacker.org also XTC46 mentioned Google. with out a doubt the most usefull thing you have to use. Check out the entire site they even have hacker in the language selection
    why?

Basically, I just asked him to clarify what kind of hacking he was interested in... The rest of my post was just a little ramble that came to my mind and went out through my fingers... Sorry for trying to clarify, XTC46.

no no no, your answer was fine. I just dont lik that he starts ass kissing the second someone bites and then implying we are stupid becasue we didnt say "hey this is how to hack"
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Might be worth downloading a Linux live CD such as Knoppix-STD. It is a security biased linux distro but it doesn't need to be installed on the machine. it just runs from the CD. I run two PC each with a knoppix CD running and try to attack one from the other. Because it's all run from the CD if I screw up I just reboot and rerun the CD and start again.

Whoppix is another I've heard mentioned.

Good Morning,

To do it right there is no escaping learning TCP/IP, Routing Protocols, Routed Protocols, OSI 7 Layers, etc. If you want books, the "Hacking Exposed" Series will serve you well.

~cheers~
    Connection refused, try again later.

Hi,

You could try this out:

http://www.robson.org/gary/writing/becomeahacker.html

It's not much, but it kind of gives you a good idea about hacking .

Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
    -Thomas Jefferson

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=777

T3h Ch3F
    Originally posted here by crashburn181
    cl@ude, I just want to give you some advise. If you want to learn about computer security I would ask just alittle bit diffrently. As you know you can't trust anybody on the net. If everybody here starts spewing off ways to break into a network or computer, some kiddies might take this knowledge as use it in the wrong way. So you can see how some people might think you are just tring to find ways to hack in to somebodys system and cause damage. I think the best ways to learn, first, get all the books you can on the topic you are looking for. If your wanting to learn about html and web hacking there are books out there just for this purpose. As well as any other platform your looking to learn about. Also this web site is one of the best tools you have. There are old threds here that can teach you anything you need to know. Some of the good books I like are Happy Hacker by Carolyn P Meinel. This is a very good book. It will teach you a ton of beginner stuff all the way to more advanced skills. also Network Security a hackers persoective by Ankit Fadia. This book is very in depth great desk reference. You mentioned that you know "C" you should also get a how-to book on perl a very good languge to learn. All of this will help defeat attacks agaist you machines and network. These books will give more of the information you are looking for than any collage networkoing book you may use. I would just sit back and read this web site for two or three weeks, get these books and study, and you will get what your looking for. Some people here don't like it when you ask how to hack something. I can understand that but do not be detoured from this site it is very helpfull
    Hope I helped take care
    P.S. A web sites www.Happyhacker.org also XTC46 mentioned Google. with out a doubt the most usefull thing you have to use. Check out the entire site they even have hacker in the language selection

You know I love Paragraphs, they are my friends, they stop me from going blind reading things and all.

Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

T3h Ch3F
    Originally posted here by cl@ude
    Xierox you seem like the most reasonable and smartest person that has replied. Thank you for not being a goof. Yes I want to learn how to get into one of my computers in my network from a remote location. That remote location is only a few feet away. I want to learn this since im getting into Computer Networking then eventually NEtworking Security. I just want a head start before i get my degree.

A head start............................to what Xierox's anal cavity? don't worry buddy your in there, at lest your nose is.

Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

Banned
    I spoke with TH13 about this at certain length and here's what he said to me.
    Jun 27 14:58:56 TheHorse13 security is the last stop on the IT train
    So in following that train (no pun intended, or found) of thought I recommend you start with networking, and continue on to programming, and so on and so forth in that fasion.

o do it right there is no escaping learning TCP/IP, Routing Protocols, Routed Protocols, OSI 7 Layers, etc
    wait..so you mean those links I gave were correct? and I wasnt just being an ass telling him to read all the whitepapers/documentation on the cisco page?

and MS really doe show you tons of exploits?

and symantec actually HAS info on the latest bugs that security professionas have to protect against?

well ****...there goes the "xtc46 is an ******* so ignore him" rule.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com