Thread: Cisco's never ending problems

Cisco's never ending problems

Two Advisories
    #1 VoiP vulnerability
    http://www.crn.com/sections/breaking...leId=165702463
    #2 CSA dos
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707...0713-csa.shtml

Both these are real major vulnerablities. And it seems like these vulnerablitites are so frequent with Cisco. Cisco is probably the top dog of security products yet if I had anything Cisco I dont think I would feel that safe at all.
    That which does not kill me makes me stronger -- Friedrich Nietzche

A huge part of their security problem is their level of success. They are the industry standard. any large network (and most medium and small business) networks consist atleast partly of their equipment, they wrote the books on this stuff, literaly, and they are the ones who give you the paper that says you know what you are doing.

this makes them a huge target, so there will be lots of bugs founf. atleast they fix them though.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

It's definatly a two edge sword, once u get BIG and everyone starts noticing your work ppl (crackers and other spoooooooooooooky lads ) do tend to make themselves noticed by being the one who find/exploit the vulns first.

And the same goes to every other major company, not only CISCO. I myself usually critisize MS for a lot of BS but i guess we cant really be surprised if they keep finding new problems...who wants to hack a good-for-nothing-used-by-the-creator proggie anyway??

Yeah, they are the mighty in the market and hold the lion share ... so there is no product without vulnerability .... Cisco is great .... every single network operates at least one of its products ....
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

You pay for leading the pack.

One thing about Cisco, they fix their bj0rked code in a timely manner or after enough prodding, unlike MS 2000lb gorilla

Originally posted here by Black Cluster
    Yeah, they are the mighty in the market and hold the lion share ... so there is no product without vulnerability .... Cisco is great .... every single network operates at least one of its products ....
    What about Sidewinder G2 Firewall..I have heard that it is a great firewall and has never had a vulnerability.
    That which does not kill me makes me stronger -- Friedrich Nietzche