Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how hacker get any benefit through their action?

how hacker get any benefit through their action?

Hello Guys! have you heard the news which is about some people hack to Credit Card company "Visa" network and stolen many customer details. I want to ask how the hackers get any benefit by using the customer setails?(e.g they can not just get all the money from ohter people then transfer to their bank accout! police must know!! how they can get the money without anyone notice?)

It's complicated. If you were just a kid who was talented with computers,
    and you hacked the credit card company, you probably wouldn't be
    able to use the information without getting caught. If, on the other hand,
    you were associated with a network of criminals, then someone you know
    would be willing to buy the info from you. Then they, the professional
    criminals, would be able to get plenty of money by using the credit card
    numbers, either by creating counterfeit cards or whatever.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

The could do a number of things:
    - purchases through websites - may not get discovered immediately if card owners don't check their account
    - idenity theft
    - if they are equip well enough I believe the could also print their own cards
    - quite a number of things really

D

I think you're referring to the recent mastercard hack. (Not Visa)
    http://www.securityfocus.com/news/11219

In this case, only card info was compromised. Customer data was not.
    Identity theft is not a concern in this case...
    Customers are not liable for fraudulent charges...

rcgreen has outlined how the attacker could use the info. Basically sell to various criminal groups who will know what to do with the data. Its unlikely that the attacker themself will be using the data for purchases. Its too risky. They'll most likely sell the card info and move on.

I would assume that they probably already have ties to various organized crime groups BEFORE the hack. Trying to make ties after the hack doesn't make much sense, IMO.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

thanks guys very useful informations, but do you think nowadays computer crimes such as hacking or stealing other people details are more danger/ easy to get caught then before?

Well for starters I've heard that you can change your mailing address at a post office just by filling out a forum.

Actually if you want to know the truth, most people just take advantage of other people's greed. An awsome deal indeed, just hand money over without thinking twice.

Originally posted here by ¤The¤Spe©ialist
    Well for starters I've heard that you can change your mailing address at a post office just by filling out a forum.
    We have to do that at the DMV. (Division of Motor Vehicles) regardless of if you have a license or not. We have to go to the DMV just to get an Identification Card.

To change your address...
    You must bring two items proving of legal address.
    They have to be bills in your name within the past 2 or 3 months.
    They can be credit card bills, or gas/electric, phone, etc.

Thats all that is required for us. Easy enough to call customer service of your cell phone or credit cards and have them change the address. Of course... the address must be valid because you need to retreive the mail to bring into the DMV to change the "legal" address.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

oh man! you guys know so much things, how can you know so much? is there any webstie or books are talk about that kind of things?? I want to know more about that!!

See one thing that I can think of is that using credit cards some restricted sites can be visited like adult sites. All you need to enter is the credit card information while surfing anonymously and access the sites once you get the activation keys.
    There is no such thing as impossible as the possible lies within the impossible

Originally posted here by phishphreek80
    We have to do that at the DMV. (Division of Motor Vehicles) regardless of if you have a license or not. We have to go to the DMV just to get an Identification Card.

To change your address...
    You must bring two items proving of legal address.
    They have to be bills in your name within the past 2 or 3 months.
    They can be credit card bills, or gas/electric, phone, etc.
    You can do it online

https://moversguide.usps.com/?referral=USPS

No legal forms required.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)