Show all hidden posts

Thread: Show all hidden posts

Flash M0nkey

Show all hidden posts

ok i understand atm this option is being controlled through the 'bbshowhidden' cookie - am I correct?

The problem with this is however if someone then logs on from another machine - or clears their cookies the preference is lost and must be reset by creating the cookie again.

Would it not make more sense to store this as one of the users prefrences in the mySQL table - that way no matter where the user logged on from it would remember their last choice and the forums could react accordingly?

Yes this would be good, i remember when i logged in from school (different PC almost every day) i had to change the preference every time.

Good suggestion.
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Not to sound whiny.. but is it THAT hard to turn the option on? Maybe I'm missing something that hopefully you can point out, val
    Space For Rent.. =]

I don't this, is a critical things to do .... The most important thing is that it is ON, on the machine that I work mostly on .... I agree with Spyder, we can click the link ... unless we are goddamn lazy school boys ....
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Originally posted here by Spyder32
    Not to sound whiny.. but is it THAT hard to turn the option on? Maybe I'm missing something that hopefully you can point out, val
    Actually in Memory's case, it is since he uses a different computer daily. For me it isn't much of a problem since I only have to do it when I format and that's like once a year :P
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Flash M0nkey
    or if you ahve your browser set to clear cookies on exit - then its everytime you visit the site.

its not that its a hard thing to do clicking the link - its just that the actual code to save the preference to the DB would be just as easy to implement as the current system so why not?

plus its annoying sometimes when you dont realise that you ahve it off until you come part way through a thread and see 2 or 3 hidden posts.

A very small issue, but how about only unhiding the posts by banned users and not the ones that were marked hidden by the poster ?
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

A very small issue, but how about only unhiding the posts by banned users and not the ones that were marked hidden by the poster ?
    Why go an extra mile around, v_Lns suggestion sounds easier.
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...