Thread: VB6 question

Question VB6 question

hi pals,

I got VB6 and office 2000 on my system,
    the problem is when I try to connect my project with any access database exept bilio.mbd and other one present in vb98 folder it give me a error and do not establish a connection,nether by ADODC nor by DAO control

can any one help me out with it....................

how could i esstablish a conection between my project and access 2000 database
    smoking is really bad for ur PC....

Are you sure of the way you connect the database????
    Do you specify the tables that should be displayed????
    It should work pretty good ....
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

I am dam sure the way I am connecting my project with access 2000 files, because when I connect with biblio.mbd ( a file allready existing in vb98 folder) I got no error either by ADODC or DAO, but when I created a new database with name db1.mbd and try to link it with my project, I simply got stuck. It show's an error that " unrecorgnised database format <path of file> ".

Banned
    Sounds like a driver conflict to me. Maybe you need to upgrade MDAC on your system?

hey, Katja
    i tested on least ten machines and end up in no where ,could you still say it's a driver problem.

Make sure that you select the the connect type as Access in the properties pane .... If you can take screenshot of the Error MSG and the properties .... this would be better ...
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster