Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Users find 100% guaranteed fix for infected systems

If it isn't a parody, then it's just completely retarded. Exactly as phish said:
    Replacing the whole computer because it gets infected is the most retarded thing I think I've heard
    No need to even defend it.....it's just blatently obvious that it's far cheaper to secure and maintain existing computers than to replace them each time they become infected. This along with the fact that I got a kick out of it is why I initially assumed it must be a joke.

Keezel,

I agree it is stupid for these people to toss their computers just because they were not smart enough to take steps to prevent it from happening in the first place. I wasn't defending it, just providing the one example that the showed someone tried to do the right thing and the full article as evidence that it's not a parody.

The title of the thread may have made it seem like a joke but unfortunately it's not. I couldn't believe it when I read it on Sunday and knew people here would be suprised as well.

Someone on the Times message board basically said that computer companies should join the spam/virus bandwagon given how naive people are.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools, because they have to say something.
    Plato

I agree it is stupid for these people to toss their computers just because they were not smart enough to take steps to prevent it from happening in the first place.
    very good point..

Try this.. when the profit in computer sales (or should I say lack of) prevented me form configuring customers new pc's before they left the shop.. I resorted to a CD with some common tools and a mini booklet (A4 page folded in half) with instruction on keeping the Windows OS uptodate, the antivirus defs uptodate, the use of the Adware prevention and scanning progs. A few Cautionary notes, and a brief overview of email safety..

I can almost predict how many hours that cd and sheet of paper survived out of the WPB.. in 90% of cases the pair were in the bin 30seconds after the pc got home..
    HAd one of these people become abusive because Virus removal is not covered by warranty.. and the cost was more than his monthly payment for the PC.. real financial intelligence.. Leased the PC for home use.. . geez..

what people are getting are Appliance PC's.. easy to use (?) disposable, and non configurable ..oh yes non geeky.. .

the less they need to think the better.. Why has TV remained so popular? because you dont need a brain to watch it..
    And that is what many want from their PC's
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

More and more people who come into my shop say "I think I should go buy a new one." The worst is when they say that about a 8000 series dell dimmesion that could be running well if it was clean, but they will go off and buy a new 2000 series which has a POS celeron in it.

Can some one point me to the dumpster people put their old computers in because at this rate I could be getting free computers for the rest of my life

Let's start a computer liberation front..

Save these poor puters from the dumpster
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Yeah, where do I sign up! I could make tons of money fixing computers that people throw away either restoring them or cleaning off the malware and such. :-D