Thread: Spyware I can't remove!

Angry Spyware I can't remove!

I am having lots of problems removing some spyware in my computer. It simply wont come off and my spyware programs dont even find 'em. I have used Spybot Search & Destroy, Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta, and Adaware with all updates and they don't even find them. The one that I really want to get rid of is a Weatherbug registry key. I go into regedit and remove it but it comes back as soon as I delete it. I got my scan from zone labs. I posted a picture of the scan results. Someone please help.

First, turn off system restore. Right-click My Computer, Properties, System Restore, the check the box for Turn off system restore.

Once that is done, reboot to safe mode, run SpyBot and clear out anything it finds. Run Regedit and remove the entry one more time, if SpyBot doesn't get it.

Reboot.

You can then turn system restore back on.

That should get it.

have you tryed simply uninstalling it? or taken it out of the startup via msconfig. if the installer is set to auto start, it will just reinstall.

can you actually see the program running, weatherbug is not a hidden piece of software.if not it could be a false positive.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Here's some instructions which may help you out.

Cheers:
    DjM

I restarted my computer into SafeMOde and ran SpyBot Search & Destroy and it didnt find anything. Hmm... I wonder how I can remove that Weatherbug registry key. And does anyone know if that Desaware program or whatever it is a dangerous? I don't ever remember having installed it. Its in the picture i posted. Thanks

Desaware makes VB developers tools. ASSUMING the files are where they are supposed to be AND have the correct names you don't need to worry about it. Google Desaware Spyware and you'll get lots of hits about false positives. But if you don't need it and can't recall installing it, get rid of it.

I wonder how I can remove that Weatherbug registry key.
    Did you read DjM's link ? It gives you the details.

I restarted my computer into SafeMOde and ran SpyBot Search & Destroy and it didnt find anything. Hmm... I wonder how I can remove that Weatherbug registry key.
    Uhhhh... with regedit & HJT just to name a few.

And does anyone know if that Desaware program or whatever it is a dangerous? I don't ever remember having installed it. Its in the picture i posted. Thanks
    Dangerous... I love it when users check their mail and the like under full administrative accounts then ask stuff like that.

Have you tried Webroot SpyAudit? It's free...
    Well...its not gonna get much better than linux!