Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aol Instant Messenger

Aol Instant Messenger

First of all hello I am new I hope I posted in the right section. I used to frequent the site quite a bit about 8 years ago(Alot has changed!) and thought you folks might be able to help me with my Dilema. This is kinda strange but heres my story...
    My ExGirlfriend supposedly has a program to see my conversations on AIM with other people. I have the latest norton, search and destroy, and AdAware to protect myself. I cant come up with any programs running that I dont know what they are nor any problems on my computer. My question is, what might she be using and/or how can I make my AIM conversations more secure? Sounded to me like it was a keylogger of some sort or some AIM security program she has. She has no computer skills what so ever so I figured it was some amateur program she got from someone. Thanks I hope you guys can help me out.
    -Dan

Hey welcome back

When i started reading i thought she might be doing some sniffing but that would be highly unlikely if she has no networking know-how, but a keylogger might be the answer.
    Good keyloggers can hide from task/process manager, but a keylogger is designed to capture ALL the text, so it must be starting up as soon as your Win boots...

Get Starter from CodeStuff and check for any suspicous entries.

Hope that helps.

=============
    PS- Can't it be a bluff?

Does she have proof that shes reading your convos ? Maybe shes bluffin. And, does she know your password ? She can see to whom you talk to that way too. I havent heard of a program that lets you see others people convos unless you log in into their account.
    O.G at A.O

tell her proove it. This sounds a lot too much like "hey what tools can I use to spy on other peoples AIM convos" type of post.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

how can I make my AIM conversations more secure?
    www.aimencrypt.com (both parties need to use it)
    O.G at A.O

Originally posted here by XTC46
    tell her proove it. This sounds a lot too much like "hey what tools can I use to spy on other peoples AIM convos" type of post.
    Hey, no. I dont wanna confront her about it yet. if there was some sort of tool to detect her doing so or just find out what tool it was I could mention something about it to her. Thats all, I could care less about spying on people on AIM lol I got 2 jobs and goto college full time I dont have much time for my computer anymore. I just wanted a bit of input on the situation. Thanks for judging me tho

Originally posted here by ¤The¤Spe©ialist
    Or just post what ever you find with HJT and TDS then we can end this discussion within a matter of minutes. Everyone else's malware problems are solved this way...
    HJT TDS? Sorry help me out

HJT stands for hijackthis just google it you will see It helps everybody here see what is runnig on your machine, they may see a application or processes running that should not be there
    why?

Thanks for judging me tho
    wasnt judging you...I was judging the wording of your request. It sounds like a social engineering attempt. you said you have an antivirus, you said you run Spybot S&D and you said she has no computer skills. Chances are she is full of ****. besides with the whole lack of time for your computer, she would lose interest very soon since you wouldnt be on the messenger program anyway.

open task manager, look to see whats runnign. post an HJT log, hell format your computer if you are worried about it. If she has no computer knowledge then the chances of her getting her hands on the server end of a virus are very low, and even lower are the chances of her being able to remotley insall the client end on your computer. Unless she sent it to you in nice email and you downloaded the attachments (probably named "iwantyoubacksoherearenudepics.jpg.exe) or something simaler to get your attenion.

Its good to be paranoid, but when it comes to an exgirlfirned Id be alot more worried about them slashing my tires then I would about them hacking my computer.

I got 2 jobs and goto college full time
    wow...someone with a workload like mine. lol. but you gotta love working 60-80 hour weeks, going to class, and then watching your money fade away to things like rent and tuition, hehe. good luck.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Originally posted here by XTC46
    wasnt judging you...I was judging the wording of your request. It sounds like a social engineering attempt. you said you have an antivirus, you said you run Spybot S&D and you said she has no computer skills. Chances are she is full of ****. besides with the whole lack of time for your computer, she would lose interest very soon since you wouldnt be on the messenger program anyway.

open task manager, look to see whats runnign. post an HJT log, hell format your computer if you are worried about it. If she has no computer knowledge then the chances of her getting her hands on the server end of a virus are very low, and even lower are the chances of her being able to remotley insall the client end on your computer. Unless she sent it to you in nice email and you downloaded the attachments (probably named "iwantyoubacksoherearenudepics.jpg.exe) or something simaler to get your attenion.

Its good to be paranoid, but when it comes to an exgirlfirned Id be alot more worried about them slashing my tires then I would about them hacking my computer.

wow...someone with a workload like mine. lol. but you gotta love working 60-80 hour weeks, going to class, and then watching your money fade away to things like rent and tuition, hehe. good luck.
    hehe yeah I hear ya I just thought there might be a chance she got her hands on some amateur program and was spying me through some aim exploit. I installed the AIM encryption certificate and im 90% sure theres no keyloggers installed on here so I am not too worried about it.