Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Man gunned down on Underground (London)

but I really don't give a damn.
    Know what? Neither do I. And I agree that the individual in question should get at least an honorable mention for the Darwin award.

I am in no way a bleeding heart but I often quote

Thomas Jefferson 1743—1826.

'Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one...'
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Ah poor guy. He was just on his way to work. In his country it's customary to wear large padded jackets on hot summer mornings. In his country the police are to be feared, he didn't know he was supposed to stop. He was afraid for his life. He doesn't understand enough english to know that jumping barriers and running among the public while being chased by armed gunmen is not ok. Poor little guy. We should have reached out to him and helped him up while all the policemen were killed as the one handcuff clicked.

//EDIT Policeman or MI? Seems extremely efficient doesn't it?
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Maybe he didn't have a ticket - that could explain why he ran
    Wow...that would suck.

Imagine what could happen here with all the non-english speaking people we have. I can see it now...somebody could be running through an airport terminal yammering on in Spanish or any number of other languages something to the effect "Help! Crazy men with guns are chasing me!" and "BLAM" down they go. Not good.

So... "Plainclothes police" Hmm... It's not unlikely that there are now bunches of undercover cops in subway stations all over London, but it does smack of intelligence. Wearing an exceptionally thick coat in the middle of summer and running toward a train when asked to stop does kinda throw up a few red flags too, so even if it wasn't intelligence people that knew what they were looking for, I don't blame them for taking him down.

Hey Keezel, If this had happened in America the guy would still be alive. If I remember correctly, we had a Supreme Court decision that ruled negatively on shooting a suspected riminal (innocent unitl proven guilty) in the back if they are running from law enforcement personnel. But this also means that the train would have probably been blown up also, if this were happening in America. Oh well, just some random thoughts.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Listening to BBC radio it appears that he was suspected of attempting to bomb The Oval yesterday. Police were following him with the intent of arresting him when he entered the station... at which point the decision to arrest immediately was made... We already know what happened then...

Furthermore there are about three other operations taking place across London right now. Interesting number of operations.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    'Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one...'
    Hey Dino .....
    WE are not giving up OUR freedom
    we ARE gaining security

And I'm sorry if you dont all understand WHY he was shot ...................

The UK has had terrorists blowing chunks out of it for DECADES, and it is only NOW that we have determined to stop them with all means at our disposal.....

Until you have witnessed with your own eyes the devastation caused by *****s like these, then you will never be able to comprehend the absolute necessity of killing them wherever you find them.

The IRA were taken prisoner, when possible, as they were known not to self destruct.....
    The latest new kid on the block has nothing but contempt for all life, and cannot be treated in the same way that we would have treated earlier *****s.

And YES, I remember the Shoot to KILL ??? media frenzy we had here with regards to the Brit forces and the IRA [personally, I'd shoot ANY soldier who MISSED]

And as for Gibraltar ............... Once again it was believed that they were carrying remote detonation devices, and one thing the IRA COULD do was build a bomb.

In their view there are no innocents, we have to approach them with that view in mind, and be prepared to kill those who would, ordinarily be spared.
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

foxyloxey

I understand why the guy was shot - and agree. As Tiger stated, the cops were already tailing him.

The Jefferson quote is intended in the same way as in the original content. During troubled times their is a need to increase security but do not allow your rights to be revoked.

"Help! Crazy men with guns are chasing me!" and "BLAM" down they go. Not good.
    What if this was the real scenario and the police were protected by an antiterrorist law in which they could not be prosecuted. That is what Thomas Jefferson was referring to.

When people get scared - logic is usually the first to go - dino

EDIT: I was at the la belle disco in Berlin when it went up. I know all about how those *****s work.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    I agree with Nihil, in these times in someone is even acting like they are danger to innocent civilians and they dont obey police orders or run or whatever then they get taken out period.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

If he weren't som freak why on earth would he run away from armed police guy's. And not to mention ware a big jacket? I mean if you look like that and run someone is bound to suspect that your atleast worth interagation.
    [T]he future is now.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    People here [eye witnesses] are upset that the Police were holding him down and then shot him 5 times in the head. Low velocity rouds, so that they stay IN the target.

It's about time our Police took a proper stand against this sort of behaiviour........

AND the Council of Muslims [sp] have expressed concerns that a 'shoot to kill' policy 'may' be in force

Operation Kratos

Hurrrrrah !!!!!

we FINALLY grew some balls on a politician [Maggie had the biggest ones to date ]

[edit]
    And nihils friends in Mossad WERE involved in helping us to prepare against the threat of suicide bombers, Israeli security agent on the box, telling us WHY you have to shoot them in the head .............

Ans :- they have EXPLOSIVES strapped around their chest
    AND a single flick of a switch is all it takes to go BOOM .......

Next generation bombers will be holding spring loaded clips, so that WHEN shot it go BOOM

And the reason for the lack of BOOM yesterday

The terrorists are using TATP it is HIGHLY unstable, but made from readily available ingredients ................... and it DEGRADES rapidly

theory is they made a LOT of it, used four fresh ones on 7/7, yesterdays were from the same batch .............................stale bomb no go BOOM

Forensics are going ape over the amount of evidence [think CSI, think DNA] they have gotten.

HOW do we know so much about TATP

Some numb nutz talking head was wheeled into a studio and told the whole world what the terrorists had done wrong............

So we can expect a series of FRESH BOOM BOOM any time soon

I HATE those talking heads, they are 'experts' and as ex = has been and a spurt is a drip under pressure ????????????

WHY do we listen?

I think I need my meds

so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone