Thread: Accidental dialling DOS curiosity

Accidental dialling DOS curiosity

Hi

My wife was dialling me on her mobile to see where I was when I hove to in site, so she cancelled the call. However, my phone started ringing from her number and wouldn't stop no matter what button I pressed until I switched the phone off.

It was like her call had caused my phone to ring but in ringing off before I could respond, it set off an infinite loop of ringing attempt to respond, no response possible, therefore no way of shtting off the ringing.

We both use Nokias on the Orange network.

Any ideas how this could have happened, how it could be done deliberately and what might be done to prevent it?
    No one can foresee the consequences of being clever.

Well, that happened to me once when I was testing a cell phone I had just bought and called it from my home phone, after I hung up it kept ringing for about 2 minutes but I didn't pick up. I don't think this could be done deliberately, or preventable.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

As mobile phones are becoming more advanced technology wise, the software they use also seems to be getting alot more bugs. Both my SE T610 and SE K700i, have crashed regularly. Just like Microsoft moving from MS-DOS to windows :-) It is probably just a bug in the phones software, if it becomes a problem you could try upgrading the firmware.
    I\'m Dying To Find Out The Hard Way

Better get it checked via your dealer if it is still in warranty period before doing something yourself
    It\'s all about sense of power.

well i think it will be intresting to watch over the cell phones bugs...
    i think we will soon have to deal with much more serious ones...

i don't think u as personal user can do something to prevent it
    i don't know if someone can intentionally imitate this process... like we don't have enough reasons to annoy us

it is a very stupid assumptions to think this cant be done intentionally. if something like this is happening, then there is a reason for it, a bug somewhere causing it. things dont just magicly happen. So if someone takes the time they can figure out how its happening and more than likely intentionally recreate the problem.

as cell phones get more advanced and more capable we will see alot more of this. Im guess we will see a lot more spam via text messages (I already get some from the provider lol) and also viruses that scavenge for phonenumbers in address books. its only a matter of time.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com