Thread: RG 91's post

Thumbs up RG 91's post

A new member has posted in the wrong thread so I asked him to delete it, and I will put this here for him:

I am looking to get a new laptop cost is am issue max £500 any sugestions please, i like fujitsu but am open to sugestions
    He lives in the UK so it is British sources I guess.

I am not a Mod. so this is the best I can do

Old Fart
    And you did well indeed. Hindsite reveals my original newbies post needed a section on how to ask a question in your own thread instead of "hijacking" the first thread you come to.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

ok i did hijack a thread but in the right sort of place newbie's, both sorry and thanks

No problems mate, it is sometimes a bit difficult to call

As for your question, what do you intend to use the laptop for?

I have had terrible problems with Dell ones..............like guy turns up for CFOs (Finance Directors') conference and this £3,000 worth of Dell crap that won't work in the £750,000, brand new conference room...........because I was a "beancounter" in a previous life, one of them calls me............it is none of my business, you understand?..............so I unplug one of my old Pentium I Digital boxes and lug it down there.............have it working in about 3 minutes

They were quite impressed, but it is a fact that people think that a laptop will make everything portable................I would prefer a DVD R/W drive.........

HP used to be a problem if you had the powersaver on..............it would force a reboot

Some ideas on intended usage would help

Cheers

"Northern England".................sounds like the wrong side of the Pennines to me? real Yorkshiremen are not ashamed of their birthright..............hee, hee?

Hi Mate,
    i live on the right side of the pennines that being lancishire,
    the laptop must have wifi for my internet conection but primery use will be word use and pics from digital cam.
    Ta