Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EnterNet 300

EnterNet 300

Recely I got a HD from someone and didn't want to have to wipe it becuase i didn't have an OS disk to install. I hav ecompletley cleaned it out and am trying to install XP and its not letting me because of a program called: EnterNet 300. I have done a little reserach and found that it is for use of DSL by some company. I have been told that it is not recommended to install unless recommedned by the ISP (also efficient.net/com). The deal is, i have tried to find the file(s) that it is talking about and I can't find anything else.

Anyone have any ideas what i can do to get rid of this damn program so i can get XP? This file(s) is also keeping me from getting my other computer to get online. The NIC and modem understand eachother, I just can't send out any info and the only info that is comming in is from my ISP sending ping packets... I have had 0% success in finding any usefull info/programs to uninstall or remove this. There shouldn't be anything left in the registry or the HD, so i am at acomplete loss. The next step is to format the HD.

might be best to find out what dsl company it is.
    then you can find out the exact name of their file folder and delete it.

That might be a bit of a hassle, though.
    Dont understand why it's hard to find.
    If it runs a service, disable that service and then try to install XP.

Not really a pro, but those are some things I would try, if you havent already found a sol'n.
    Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week~Kthln01!

AFLAAACKKK!!
    So let me get this straight, you don't want to format the drive because you don't have an XP installation disk. Yet, you are trying to install xp?? Like... an Upgrade?
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Here is the deal. Enternet 300 is an SBC DSL, i already knew that. The problem is, i took everything from the registry out, deleted all the files/folders, ect.. There is no trace of it on the HD anymore, unless i try to upgrade to XP.

With XP, this one is running ME. Not a personal favorite.. I have a full XP, but no boot disk or a 3.5 for that matter anyways, so im trying to keep from formatting the drive. Its a full winderz disk, just trying to upgrade though.

This is where the Enternet 300 shows up when it does the compatibility test. I have hunted the net searching for uninstalls, install, ect. thought if i install and uninstall again, maybe it would work. I did find that it is not recommended to instal unless otherwise instructed, maybe this is why...

AFLAAACKKK!!
    I have no clue why the upgrade disk wouldn't like that software. Maybe it's because when you delete something, it's not actually deleted, and it might be able to be seen still until you overwrite it?? That's just a guess....
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Do you have access to a cd burner ?

DL a boot disk here, burn and boot.

I do have a burner, thanks for the link.
    I also scrubbed the HD of anything not in use.

I still don't know why it's doing it. I got a few more ideas im going to try so we will see what I can do now.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    found this site

Upgrading Windows 9x/Me to Windows XP is actually a bit of a misnomer. When you upgrade such a system, Microsoft actually examines your installation, moves your documents and personalized settings to a backup location, and then performs a clean install of XP . Then, it goes back and applies those personalized settings to the new OS and moves your documents into the correct location (My Documents, which is located in a different place in XP than it was in 9x/Me). This is why it requires so much free space for the upgrade, by the way.
    lots of details on the 'upgrade' path

Is there a particular reason WHY you won't just scrub the partition, and do a clean install..........?
    You say it's a new [to you] HDD with a 'full winderz disk' ?

You have NO install disk
    BUT you DO have XP [on a disc ?]

nothing that is on the old [your new] HDD is of any real use in XP
    ME = 16 bit
    XP = 32 bit

As for your 'research' that an ISP said "it is not recommended to instal unless otherwise instructed"

why would you even listen to that for an instant, it's your HDD [now]
    Bite down hard
    strip it
    re-partition
    CLEAN install of XP

UNLESS there's something you're not telling us ?

and I'm not thinking of a classic pron collection to save.
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

The only reason I did't want to clear off the drive was because I would have no way of getting windows back on the little thing. I have to have at least 3 HD's that has a working OS. I also keep all my backup music, movies, files on a 200G storage disk.

I finally got XP Pro installed yesterday, well day before now. It took some work, but it worked. Now I just have to figure out why it wont 'send out' anything when connected to the net. The modem light kicks for recieve, probably from the ISP or P2P. The send light never even flickers..

Thanks for the site though, I think I actually learned a little more about windows.

Time for work... Peace.

The modem light kicks for recieve, probably from the ISP or P2P. The send light never even flickers..
    Can you check your modem manual and make sure that is the case. I have a couple of ADSL modems and there are three indicators:
    1. Power on............fixed all the time.
    2. ADSL connected..............this indicates that the PC and modem are communicating......it flickers
    3. Transfer of data...............it flickers either upstream or downstream.

Have you run the Windows XP modem diagnostics tool? There is also a troubleshooter.