iBook Wardriving

Thread: iBook Wardriving

iBook Wardriving

I may have the opportunity to purchase a used iBook with an Airport card (aka 802.11b). Does anyone know if OS X/Airport cards are reasonably good for legit (aka Legally Authorized) wardriving/pen testing?

Thanks!
    \"The future stretches out before us, uncharted. Find the open road and look back with a sense of wonder. How pregnant this moment in time. How mysterious the path ahead. Now, step forward.\"
    Phillip Toshio Sudo, Zen Computer
    Have faith, but lock your door.

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    They are great. There is an app called Kismac ( http://kismac.binaervarianz.de/ ) that puts the WiFi chipset into RF mon mode so you can find cloaked SSIDs and Kismac can also log to a libpcap file for later viewing in Ethereal or other apps (grat if you want to sniff more then one WAP in the area).

Sweet! Thanks for the link, that software package looks damn cool!
    \"The future stretches out before us, uncharted. Find the open road and look back with a sense of wonder. How pregnant this moment in time. How mysterious the path ahead. Now, step forward.\"
    Phillip Toshio Sudo, Zen Computer
    Have faith, but lock your door.

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    No problem. I'm not much of a Mac guy, but Kismac impressed me. The features of Kismet with the easy of install of Netstumber.