Thread: A`NSISu.exe?

A`NSISu.exe?

Please help earlier tonight I blocked the program A`NSISu.exe with my mcafee firewall. Now I go to download and I get a warning message that this installer is corrupt or I have a virus, the message reads a little more but this is the just. I am running windows xp pro. Please help!!!!

Isn't A`NSISu.exe spyware ? WHat installer, you go to download ? Where do you go, what do you download, wtf are you talking about ? Update your AV, Boot into safe mode, run your AV and let it clean things up, also run adware updated ofcourse, also in safemode. (F8 while booting).
    O.G at A.O

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    This is a little blog pieces I did about some specific spyware that deals with A~NSISu.exe. While keeping the AV up-to-date it's more likely that it's a spyware piece. Which spyware detection tool are you using? And have you used HiJackthis to see what registry entries are affected?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I have not used hijack this. What is it and is that the only way I will be able to get rid of this pesky little program.. I have not tried dl ing anything other than winamp but the warning comes up tellling me thaqt it can not dl due to a corrupted file or a virus. The message box has the heading nsisu. I use Mcafee av. It needs to be renewed though.

Any thoughts on how I can get rid of this.

Any help is appreciated : )

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    This is a little blog pieces I did about some specific spyware that deals with A~NSISu.exe. While keeping the AV up-to-date it's more likely that it's a spyware piece. Which spyware detection tool are you using? And have you used HiJackthis to see what registry entries are affected?

Download :

Ad-Aware SE Personal

Spybot Search and Destroy

Hijack This

Update you antivirus, download AVG Antivirus (free), or use an online scanner like Symantec

Boot your computer into safe mode (press F8 repeatedly while booting) and run Ad-aware, Spybot and whichever antivirus you choose (do a full scan, not smart scan whatever), just make sure it is updated. These will take some time, could be a couple hours depending on your system. Let them both fix whatever they can. Reboot. Run HJT and post your log here for someone to look at.

PS You probably got this by clicking on one of those ads that claims your system is infected. Ignore them. Use the tools above regularly and you'll go a long way to having a clean system.

A-NSISU Is not just a spyware

I got it yesterday and it overwrited some system32 files, created a new dir system32/vchost with in vchost.exe (fake) and ....ocx (i do not remember) , launch vchost.exe (its) from the run of registry , shut down Norton AV (updated), don't let start MS recoverig system , and crash my system.... ahh.. I forgot, most of antivirus, anti spyware don't see it (I tried), only ArcaVir and nod32 do.
    I think it's enough to be considerd a virus.

I cleaned what I found (alone) but it's not enough.

Explorer still doesn't work correctly, AV doesn't start ..and so on.

Bye