Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Threatening e-mail?

Threatening e-mail?

Jihad Daniel, a programmer at William Paterson University in Wayne, NJ, commented in a personal e-mail to Arlene Holpp Scala of the Women's Studies department, in response to an e-mail that had been sent university-wide inviting people to a film about lesbian relationships, titled "Ruthie and Connie: Every Room in the House." Mr. Daniel was repremanded by the University for making "violating the schools harrassment policy" after Mrs. Scala complained that the e-mail reply was threatening. The e-mail is below. Does anyone here find this threatening? You know, I have used harsher language with telemarketers without being deemed as "threatening". Perhaps Mr. Daniel should sue the college for not having an "Opt-Out" policy. hehehe

And the left marches on!

E-mail from Jihad Daniel to Professor Arlene Scala, March 8, 2005
    Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 6:59 AM
    To: Scala, Arlene
    Subject: Homosexuality

Do not send me any mail about “Connie and Sally” and “Adam and Steve”. These are perversions. The absence of God in higher education brings on confusion. That is why in these classes the Creator of the heavens and the earth is never mentioned.
    Edit: Full Story - http://www.thefire.org/index.php/article/6119.html
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

I hate homosexuality and feminism as much as the next guy, but
    if I recieved an email from a guy named "Jihad", I'd feel threatened
    too. LOL <pun>It's good to see the left finally waking up to the threat of
    Jihad </pun>
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

I highly doubt an islamic family would name their son "A better way."

It's not threatening, but could be seen as rude at best... if you were some how offended by some one saying you didn't talk about god.
    Hi.

Im offended by anything that is different from my own lifestyle.

y is that Neutron?
    Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week~Kthln01!

On the contrary, she hassared him sending a invite like that is totally against his religious principles.

You can see this event from 2 points of view

Personally, i think both are idiots and should be fired out.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

Originally posted here by cacosapo
    On the contrary, she hassared him sending a invite like that is totally against his religious principles.

You can see this event from 2 points of view

Personally, i think both are idiots and should be fired out.
    Objective and rational answer, I agree.
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Originally posted here by Kthln01
    y is that Neutron?
    Cause Im a gun-toting redneck with a closed mind and love to complain and get offended when someone invites me to experience something that is outside of my personal sphere. How dare they...

thanks! this is of special interest to me. WPU is not that far from me. my neighbor teaches there. i'll have to ask her about it when i see her.

i suppose he should have started with 'please' and stated that "in my opinion...".
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I'm offended by people's offensiveness.

No one in the real world would go for my idea to help better cope with political correctness.

My idea is that if you are easily offended then you could:

1. Wear a little chalk or magic erase board around your neck
    2. Write down what offends you - underline or circle items that would make you lose it, go fetal or start talking with a louder voice, more spittle flying and your nostrils flaring
    3. Since the board, either chalk or magic erase, is eraseable, you can change what offends you every day
    4. Also:
    A. Watch CNN or your favorite news cast for at least an hour
    B. Realize that your offended nature means about a squirt of piss in the real world
    C. Realize that while we all need to recognize and respect everyone as a person, taking into account their background (if known or would be known through some sort of relationship with them), their gender, race, age, religion, lineage, etc - we need to a mutual understanding, pull our collective heads out of our arses, get over ourselves and start contributing to resolving some of the needs of our communities and the world.

Oh and for OverdueSpy question - no the e-mail is not threatening, the professor who orginated the complaint should have (but is not required to) contact the student first and mention her offfended state from his "threatening" letter. The school and the attorney general are wrong. Also to avoid all of this - Daniel should have had a voice conversation with the prof. Also I wonder if the school and the prof could be sued for, beyond the free speech violations, defamation of character, libel, etc.?
    \"We\'re the middle children of history.... no purpose or place. We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We\'ve all been raised by television to believe that one day we\'ll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won\'t. And we\'re learning slowly that fact. And we\'re very, very pissed off.\" - Tyler (Brad Pitt) Fight Club.