Mandrake 10 as proxie

Thread: Mandrake 10 as proxie

Question Mandrake 10 as proxie

Hallo guys

maybe you can help me I'm having some trubble setting up mandrake 10 as my proxie server

If installed 2 network cards one for my adsl router and one for the net work and need help because nothing work I did install both of the network cards one is eth0 and the other eth1
    and for the settings I don't now if they are right thats why I need you expert advice!!!!!!!
    There are ten kinds of people:
    Those who understand binary and Those who don\'t

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Take a look at Squid. This is the proxy software you're going to have to setup if you really want a "proxy" server.
    http://www.squid-cache.org/

If you want the box to be a router (which is what it sounds like), you need to enable IP forwarding, configure routes, setup DHCP (if needed), configure a firewall, etc.

You can also save yourself a lot of work and simply go to best buy and grab a $45 Linksys router. It sounds like you don't have the experience needed to properly manage a linux box and more than likely you'll end up in trouble before long.

Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Well thehorse13 I don't have the experience your right on that point and I do have a netgear router that is pluged in on the eth0 Network card and that squid program I looked through the manual and that is like reading greek and all I need is a fast and easy why to set it up and well if I do it with your help i'm gaining experience.
    There are ten kinds of people:
    Those who understand binary and Those who don\'t