Canada's Marijuana Laws: Health Canada

Thread: Canada's Marijuana Laws: Health Canada

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄

Canada's Marijuana Laws: Health Canada

Under the new regulations, those who fall into one of three categories can apply for an Authorization to Possess marijuana for medical purposes. Holders of this authorization may possess a maximum 30-day treatment supply of marijuana at any given time.

Category 1: This category is for applicants who have terminal illnesses with a prognosis of a life span of less than 12 months.

Category 2: This category is for applicants who suffer from specific symptoms associated with certain serious medical conditions, namely:

* Multiple Sclerosis: severe pain and/or persistent muscle spasms
    * Spinal Cord Injury: severe pain and/or persistent muscle spasms
    * Spinal Cord Disease: severe pain and/or persistent muscle spasms
    * Cancer: severe pain, cachexia, anorexia, weight loss, and/or severe nausea
    * AIDS/HIV infection: severe pain, cachexia, anorexia, weight loss, and/or severe nausea
    * Severe forms of Arthritis: severe pain
    * Epilepsy: seizures

Category 3: This category is for applicants who have symptoms associated with a serious medical condition, other than those described in Categories 1 and 2, where among other things conventional treatments have failed to relieve symptoms of the medical condition or its treatment.
    Applicants who have been given an Authorization to Possess can obtain medicinal marijuana in two ways:

* by applying for a license to grow your own marijuana Personal Use Production License PDF format
    * by designating an individual to grow your marijuana for you. Applicants will need to fill out a Designated Person Production License with the designated person. PDF format

If the proposed production site for growing marijuana is not the ordinary residence of the applicant, and is not owned by the applicant nor the designated person, an additional Consent of the Property Owner PDF format form must be filled out.
    http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/english/prote...marijuana.html
    Health Canada - Health Protection - Marijuana for Medical Purposes

Hi EG~

I have to disagree on that one............I would say you should be able to walk into pharmacy with a prescription?

My objection is that we are talking home grown "herbal" remedies that have a questionable consistency? hey, I know the stuff works in certain circumstances, so why not provide a proper product?

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Hi nihil,

I agree...and every post I've made on the subject is that I support the legalization of all drugs through prescription...to eliminate the profit of dealing...availability through responsibility...reduce crime...standardize product quality...listing and accurate statistics...etc...

So...I'm not in favor of home licensing either...or all aspects of this decriminalization through Health Canada...

but because this has been a topic well discussed I thought I'd bring this up as Canada seems to be in the forefront of this debate over how far should we go.

All in all I think it's both a good and a bad start.

Eg