Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing phases

Changing phases

After wondering where this should go, it's going here.

Just a question for people:

Do you ever change phases? I've been doing this for literally years and years, just never new someone had a term for it.

http://www.antionline.com/jargon/phase.php

Forgot to add :

What's the longest you've ever gone? Some of you have gone at least 3 days I know of. I personally have never stayed up for 3 days. That is way to long for me. The way I suually do it is once a semester in college, I can't sleep sometimes, so when I realise "OH **** I HAVE A FINAL IN LIKE 3 HOURS!!!" it's pretty much the time to just go get some coffee.

A few times some friends of mine called me a machine.

A few times I'd be up like 22 hours and couldn't sleep, then I'd fall asleep, for maybe 3 hours, be up another 30 hours, go to bed for like 9 hours, and then be up 22 hours, sleep for 2 hours, go to work and then come home and try not to fall asleep because I had to work the next day too.

So after 2 hours sleep i'd be up like 36 hours, sleep for 5 hours, wake up again for longer.... You can ask TheHorse13, every friday me and him joke about how much sleep I've gotten.

So what helps you? Personally, I play Doom, and have Vicodin which can keep me going around 30 hours, without coffee.

Hi gore,

Everyday! My schedule pretty much depends upon everybody and everything but me...my job...my kids...my responsibilities...so it changes daily....there is no phase...only chaos

I average maybe 3-4 hours sleep at night...and I'll try to catch an hour or two in the day.

Eg

How long have you actually stayed up though?

Hi gore,

The longest was when I was in my twenties...4 days I think...hitch-hiking across the country, I was in a hurry to get there so I passed on sleep...by the time I got to where I was going...my eyes were as red as radishes...I looked like ' the night of the living dead '...got a motel room and believe it or not...as soon as my head hit that pillow...I couldn't friggin' sleep...so I went for a run to tire myself out...then crashed.

Eg

About 42 hours..

The scary part was driving home.. And actualy noticing that you are watching the driver's eyes (also awake for over 36 hours) and the eyes go down..
    And actualy thinking.. Aw **** it.. I'm going to sleep..

It was all safe.. We all (3 of us in the car) woke up at a green light.. which had turned green for more then 4e times (according to the car behind us)..

I won't ever do that again I tell ya !!
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Hi Gore,

Do you ever change phases? I've been doing this for literally years and years, just never new someone had a term for it.
    I have done this on major hardware/software switchovers and I got the "graveyard shift". Go out in the morning, and get as drunk as a fart, then go to bed..............wake up in the evening ready to go..........

At the end of the testing period I would just reverse the process.

Also.. My wife has changing shifts..

So called 5 "teams" shift..
    It's one of either 3 shifts. 22:00 to 06:00, 06:00 to 14:00 or 14:00 to 22:00

You have 3 day's of a shift then two days off and then the next one..

It's kinda hard in the weekends if she has the early shift.. I have to come to bed at 23:00 or have to stay our till 06:00

Hi the_JinX,

I used to work a weird shift years ago...7 days on 2 days off, then, 7 days on 3 days off...all on shift...great though when I worked the night shift on the weekends...time and a half on Sat., double time on Sun., and the graveyard shift premium...sweet!

Eg

Yeah.. the pay is great..

She makes more (with all bennefits) then me.. While her hourly wages are less

And for the people thinking she's a police woman
    Nope.. she's a maintainance engineer and operator at the dutch corus steel plant.