Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sorry for senior user

sorry for senior user

Hi, i posted a "theme" for PARSE Systems recomendation to my forum, and i receive a bad answer for a high user, that post is for sorry, i erased that section, completely, and i don't intented publish again. Repeat, my intention is dont plagiary this forum and his articles, only expose the information and promove his excelent site.

Thank you and sorry

Az

Errr....let's try to figure this out....hummmmm...you copy'd n' pasted a tutorial on Parse systems from this site to yours...got caught...deleted the post on your forum...and promise to never do that again?

Is that right?

Question: What if you didn't get caught? Would you still be pilfering articles and tut's?

Funny how people are sorry ' only after ' they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar

what was so special in that tutorial that got annoyed Egaladeist(senior member) so much,aware me about it,mail me at shaleenpandiya@rediff.com

shals,

I was not the person he was talking about...nor have I even seen what he's talking about...I was just commenting on his post...which because of his english wasn't very clear...hence the question marks.

Why would he e-mail you a tutorial he said he pilfered? ... besides I'm pretty sure you can download all the tut's here...just find the post he's talking about...and then find out where to download it...to the best of my knowledge you're allowed to download, copy n' paste, use, read, share, etc...as long you appropriately credit the author and site you took it from...my indication from his post was that he didn't do that and tried to pass it off as his own.

You'd make for a lousy detective if you jump to the conclusion that I was the one he was talking about based solely upon the fact I'm a senior..

what was so special in that tutorial...
    Doesn’t matter, it could have been pure gibberish. In concurrence with EG: You can’t take credit for someone else’s document, tutorial, post, etc., or any part of thereof. Just quote the guy/gal and give the site and him/her their dues.

Just in reflection, here's part of the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) we kinda agree to when we open an account here (might want to reread that section). So to my understanding, everything posted at this site belongs to Jupitermedia Corp (AntiOnline - EnterpriseITplanet.com)

By using these Forums, you agree to the following:

By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data, or engaging in any other form of communication through this service (collectively "the content"), you are granting Jupitermedia Corp., its successors and assignees, a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, adapt, transmit, publicly perform or display any such content on the site to which it was contributed (or successor site).
    Jupitermedia AUP Agreement
    ~cheers~
    Connection refused, try again later.

Actually "PARSE Systems" seems to be a security vendor of some sort. The website looks to be in Spanish, and none of the links worked for me, so I couldn't find anymore.

I guess the objection was on the grounds of advertising/Spam? It certainly isn't a "tutorial"

Hi nihil,

You're probably right...it's hard to understand this post...

Hi, i posted a "theme" for PARSE Systems recomendation to my forum, and i receive a bad answer for a high user, that post is for sorry, i erased that section, completely, and i don't intented publish again. Repeat, my intention is dont plagiary this forum and his articles, only expose the information and promove his excelent site.
    the way I translated what he was trying to say was...

" Hi, I posted a ' Theme ' ( ? ) for PARSE Systems to my forum and I received a complaint from a senior member. I am sorry, and I deleted that thread completely and I don't intend to publish it again.
    Repeat, my intention was not to plagerize this forum and it's articles, only share information and promote this excellent site. "

The key words here for me were: erased, publish, plagerize, articles, information.

Plagerizing articles didn't come across to me as Spam.

Eg

i understand

Hi, thanks for your response, yes, the home page is in reconstruct (some sections), i talk about the forum, mmm, some articles publish here, appear in my forum, but i never take the autoring for this, i'm reffer that with a "AntiOnline Article" and his url. The senior user is catch, and he insult me for the articles ( i have erase the articles now), i understand, if i publish articles of others i have a responsability for say "who is the author" o "source" for the article. But, insulte me?. What i can do?

(my english is so bad, sorry)

Thanks for all

Az

Hi codelogman,

So...you were taking articles from here and posting them on your site ( how many? a few? lots? )...but you say you linked to the post and credited the author, then you weren't plagerizing...maybe catch thought you were taking too many?...had your hand too far into the cookie jar?

You'll have to ask him why...I missed the semester in school when they taught mind-reading

Eg

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    But, insulte me?. What i can do?
    Just get on with living ...............

You could always stay awhile, earn AP's
    get to senior 'status'

THEN Neg him

OR just put it down to experience.

Just remember that if you DO want to post tutorials from AO ANYWHERE, then you HAVE to give due credit - [Link to the article here, and the authors name, as a MINIMUM] AND remember that the owners of the site 'own' the material, and that you DID agree [ignorance is no excuse] to abide by THEIR rules for so long as you remain a member here.

Pax

[edit]
    poor English is no biggie here, some Brits have poor English too, and it never stopped THEM
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone