Thread: Cayman Browser Worth a Try

Cayman Browser Worth a Try

Based on IE, has lots of nice security features, including 'security' tab that allows easy toggling of ActiveX, Java, etc. Very, very fast.

The hompage is quite slow, lots of hits apparently. I suggest you DL from a mirror, like majorgeeks, etc, though these are not linked from the home page.

http://www.caymanbrowser.com/
    http://majorgeeks.com/Cayman_Browser_d4700.html

Cayman Multi-Window browsing: Browse multiple web pages simultaneously

Website status: View Google PageRank, Alexa traffic ranking, Alexa related links and backward links from Google, Yahoo! and MSN - all in one place

Power Group: Login to multiple web sites, forums, blog servers by only one click automatically

Incredible Search: Includes more than 500 search engines and 100 search categories

Flash animation filter: Block all flash ads just by a click

Website scan: Check all Urls in a web page and show each url's create date, file size, link state

Links filter: Select each exact link in a large homepage as quickly as you want

Cookies management: show all cookies in your computer; can also filter, change or delete the cookies

Multi-language Translation: Allows you to change the language in which you view the page (includes up to 35 languages).

Mouse gestures: Command browser with small mouse movements easily

Built-in popup killer: No popup ads now

Auto fill forms: Fill in a form smartly

Drag & Drop support: Drag links on pages or other files to address bar for surfing quickly

Voice engines: Reads a page aloud in any of 10 languages

Skin: Cayman Browser supports creative skins for the program;

Safe Recovery: If Cayman Browser is closed improperly, all open web pages are saved and will be automatically reopened at next startup

URL Monitor Window: Monitors your surfing and keep them safe

Great speed: The fastest web browser on earth

Hi,

The only downside that I can see is this:

No Win XP support?

I wonder how acceptable it is to ISPs over here as well?

Nihil,

I didn't notice that. Where did you find it ?

You will need a Pentium 166 PC or higher, 16MB RAM or more. The operating system should be Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME or Windows XP, and Internet Explorer 4.01 or higher version.
    Requires: Win All
    Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/2003 Server

Have been using it on XP for a few hours and no problems so far. The speed is considerably better than Firefox.

ummm,,, I didn't see that either, but here's what's in the FAQ

What is the system requirement?

You will need a Pentium 166 PC or higher, 16MB RAM or more. The operating system should be Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME or Windows XP, and Internet Explorer 4.01 or higher version.

FAQ
    But it won't work with my SuSE 9.3 so...

~cheers~

Edit: a day late and a Washington short
    Connection refused, try again later.

Hi,

I just did a Google, as the main site keeps timing out on me. Several say what I quoted, others say it will work with Win95, NT4.0, XP and 2003 server as well?

I will have to do some experimenting, as Win 98 only goes up to IE 5.5 and a lot of ISPs over here won't give you a connection using that. It might provide a new lease of life to some older machines? I know quite a few people in that position.

They cannot afford a new machine and to upgrade to XP is out of the question. That leaves them with Win 2000 which is also expensive.

Interesting