OK...so you think yer a smart guy do ya?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK...so you think yer a smart guy do ya?

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄

OK...so you think yer a smart guy do ya?

Another time waster brought to you courtesy of the Eg...

IQ stands for intelligence quotient. Supposedly, it is a score that tells one how “bright” a person is compared to other people. The average IQ is by definition 100; scores above 100 indicate a higher than average IQ and scores below 100 indicate a lower that average IQ. Theoretically, scores can range any amount below or above 100, but in practice they do not meaningfully go much below 50 or above 150.

Half of the population have IQ’s of between 90 and 110, while 25% have higher IQ’s and 25% have lower IQ’s:

Descriptive Classifications of Intelligence Quotients

IQ Description % of Population

130+Very superior 2.2%

120-129 Superior 6.7%

110-119 High average 16.1%

90-109 Average 50%

80-89 Low average 16.1%

70-79 Borderline 6.7%

Below 70 Extremely low 2.2%
    http://www.audiblox.com/iq_scores.htm
    IQ Scores.

Are ya feelin' lucky? Well are ya ? And NO CHEATIN' ya YARMITS! That means NO CALCULATOR"S use yer brains! If'n ya got any

Results of Your IQ Test
    Ruler
    IQ Score = 125 Your score

What does your score mean?

Way to go! Your performance on the test was well above the population average. Typically, people with scores in this range perform very well academically, can relatively easily make it through university and generally achieve success in life.

WhooooooooHooooooooooo! I'm superierrr...supeiuror...suprierror...I'm really smart!

Fergot the darn link again didn't I...

http://www.queendom.com/tests/iq/cla...r2_access.html
    Tests, Tests, Tests: iq tests, personality tests, intelligence tests, aptitude tests, attitude tests, personality, intelligence, relationship, career and mental health related tests

Results of Your IQ Test

IQ Score = 122 Your score
    Damn. I was sure I go them all right . . .

Hey Hey,

Been a while since I've done one of these online things.

Results of Your IQ Test

IQ Score = 133

What does your score mean?
    Wow! A score above 130 means that your performance on this test was way above average. Actually, according to this test, you are absolutely brilliant. Only a very small percentage of people score this high.
    I'm actually rather disappointed, if I submit the same test in the same time as a woman (I just tested this, my IQ goes up to 139... they "adjust it")... This doesn't seem fair to me... we have to make women feel like they are more intelligent than they really are?

Then again, these online tests are usually bs... this one put me 20 points lower than I scored on the last real IQ test I took and about 40 points lower than the last online one... Oh well.. I had some fun and I killed some time.

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

Flash M0nkey
    got 123 - not bad saying as its 3:18am and was having problems focusing on screen never mind getting brain in gear - lol

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    Originally posted here by HTRegz
    this doesn't seem fair to me... we have to make women feel like they are more intelligent than they really are?
    No, only the stupid ones.

I think most normal "intelligent" women are comfortable with their status. I don't see the big need to make so many adjustments in this world....just to save a few egos. I'd rather take the score without the adjustment...at least that way I'd know how I really compare.

I know...all you feminists hate me...so what.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

One below HTR but, Hot Dang, don't be hate'n: IQ Score 132 = Very superior 2.2%

~cheers~

Edit: guess that makes me a real smart a$$
    Connection refused, try again later.

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    OK...Tell the truth...how many of you guys used calculators?

Not,

They only required basic formulas you could do in your head, and the numbering sequence questions all had patterns that were easy to recognise, (i.e. +4 *4, +3 *3, +2 *2, etc.) May thier batteries run out during a final exam if they used a calculator on this test.
    Connection refused, try again later.

It is a good question : why does it adjust for gender ? Presumably because their female sample does not match standard distribution, which is to say that women score lower than expected. The same reason that a child's score is adjusted -- the Gaussian curve assumes basic equality.

It makes sense to adjust a child's score, but a woman's ? All mature adults really should be compared equally.

It turns out that there are many more smart people than the curve predicts :

For example, people with ratio IQ's of 130 or above would be expected to comprise about 3% of the population. In practice they constitute about 4% of the population, and their corresponding deviation Q is 128 or above. About one person with a ratio IQ of 150 or above would be expected in every 1,000 members of the general population. In practice, about one person in every 160 has a ratio IQ of 150 or above. The deviation IQ corresponding to a childhood ratio IQ of 150 is 144. Similarly, one would expect to find someone with a ratio IQ of 160 or above once in every 10,000 members of the general public. In practice, one in every 1,000 people has a ratio IQ of 160 or above, and the deviation IQ assigned to these individuals is 150 or above.
    http://www.geocities.com/ultrahiiq/Deviation_IQs.html

I don't mind IQ tests, they measure the core components of certain type of intelligence. But it is not the only kind of intelligence, and I dare say not the most important.

And besides I was stoned when I took the test. That easily knocks of a good 20 or so points.

Originally posted here by Egaladeist
    OK...Tell the truth...how many of you guys used calculators?
    Hey Hey,

What on earth could you possibly use a calculator for on that??? Then again, I'm the only one that doesn't take a calculator at work for pricing out pricing plans because I do it all in my head if you're dealing with less than 5 digits for each number, then your head is faster, less than 10 and paper is faster.. more than 10.. then maybe it's time for a calculator..

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".