I would like to express something that has been on my mind for some time. Today I was reading one of the old issues of phrack and some Italian kid w/ horrible English wrote them. The phrack editor did the standard skiddie/newb job on him and also said something along the lines. ... hey ... contact 2600 ... their readers are more thickheaded ... blabla ... we don't cater to morons... blabla...

The issue: ppl in this community/scene whatever you want to call it seem to have distain for 2600 magazine. As a lifetime subscriber and a HOPE attendee I think that 2600 gets nowhere near enough respect it deserves. It is true that some of the articles are downright silly and a good portion of readers are either kids or nuts the magazine has certainly earned some respect. I don't like the way they make Mitnick out to be some kind of a saint patron of hackers but at least they stood up for someone who was held w/out bail and hearing. (from what I understand, longer then any other American citizen before him). The quality of submission has improved tremendously through the years. They have been sued (and lost) for hosting and linking DeCSS. They actively participate in "spreading the word" about privacy, fair use and freedom of speech (in writing code mostly.. which was the first time a judge admitted that written code is protected by that amendment) They started HOPE and are the only magazine (from the scene) that has BALLLS to be in print and stand up to government in general. So what if they occasionally take time to explain to some 12 year old that difference between hacker (in its true sense) and criminal. They have been the voice of many kids who grew up w/ technology ... including me. So **** phrack... this kind of self righteous **** is uncalled for.