Soldier's blog closed just minutes ago as debate rages - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Soldier's blog closed just minutes ago as debate rages

Super Moderator: GMT Zone nihil's Avatar
    OK,

No more Mr nice guy from me!

This craphead joins his local reserve forces to OBTAIN MONEY FOR HIS SCABBY LITTLE LIFE

Problem is that as a reservist you have to go do what you are told........err.... like kill people, and get killed in the process. That is military life.

Maybe the little gobshite should have thought about that before he signed up for the dollars?

I have NO sympathy.............join a bloody monastery next time.

If I were his CO, and he is damn lucky I am not, he would walk point until he stepped on something nasty, or walked into it.

Frikkin hyppocritical craphead IMHO

I suppose he should have had a dishonourable discharge.............then let him get a job after?

Some people disgust me

If you cannot do someone any good: don't do them any harm....
    As long as you did this to one of these, the least of my little ones............you did it unto Me.
    What profiteth a man if he gains the entire World at the expense of his immortal soul?

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I think the gov't was upset because they didnt want the American people to see how the bodies were transported or something
    No government wants THOSE sort of pictures going out ............
    and all of the U.S. know that you bring home your dead.

UK policy till the Falklands, was to bury you where you fell. Which explains why we saw pictures of the Black Watch paying tribute in Iraq at a war memorial to their own from WW1.

Gave us some great poetry though:
    The Soldier
    Rupert Brooke

If I should die, think only this of me:
    That there's some corner of a foreign field
    That is forever England. There shall be
    In that rich earth a richer dust concealed;
    A dust whom England bore, shaped, made aware,
    Gave, once, her flowers to love, her ways to roam;
    A body of England's, breathing English air,
    Washed by the rivers, blest by suns of home.
    And think, this heart, all evil shed away,
    A pulse in the eternal mind, no less
    Gives somewhere back the thoughts by England given;
    Her sights and sounds; dreams happy as her day;
    And laughter, learnt of friends; and gentleness,
    In hearts at peace, under an English heaven.

The Soldier
    Rupert Brooke
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

nah it wasnt that they were being brought home, its how..

i think the pictures showed the bodies in bags in the cargo hold of a commercial plane.
    im tryin to find it online...

it made the families feel like the dead were being disrespected.

I WAS WRONG.

They were flag-draped coffins and she was fired for taking the photos.
    Apparently, there is a US law banning military coffin photography.
    Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week~Kthln01!

If anything, at least to me those photos showed imeasurable respect to those fallen. That was not the desired effect of publishing those photos however. It's like people think they own the right to do whatever the hell they want at any time with no accountability while crying for the right to privacy. BUT this was discussed in great detail if you search cosmos around the time frame the photos were an issue.

Nihil, my hand was twitching on positive APs over that post as with many over the past few weeks.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

********** |ceWriterguy
    Ok, For the record I just skimmed a few of the responses here so I really don't have the full flavor of the Kool Aid just yet, but I need to add in a 'military point of view' pretty pronto on a couple things it seems:

1. The Army fined the guy.

In the service, there are varying levels of 'trouble' and varying levels of how the military deals with said trouble. I've done a bit of cut-and-pasting here. I'll link the source at the bottom of this post.

At the lowest level, called by Navy files as "Captain's mast" we have the CO's NJP - that's Non-Judicial Punishment for you acronym freaks. A CO can punish up to 1 reduction in rank, fine up to one-half of one month's pay for 2 months, and can restrict you to post/base for up to 60 days, requiring extra duty of you the entire time. In the Navy they can also give you 3 days confinement with only bread and water. That's all they can do. This is only if the CO is of rank O-6 or higher (full bird Colonel or 'Captain' in the Navy, also known as 'flag officers'). If he's lower rank, the max he can give is less.

At the next level, we find the Summary Courts Martial. Summary Courts Martials are presided over by one (1) commissioned officer, and are only used for non-capital offenses. In the case of enlisted members above the fourth pay grade, a summary court-martial may impose restriction for no more than two months, forfeiture of two-thirds of one month's pay, and reduction to the next inferior pay grade. In the case of all other enlisted members, the court-martial may also impose confinement for not more than one month and may reduce the accused to the lowest pay grade, E-1.

A Special Courts Martial is where things start getting pretty serious. A special court-martial consists of not less than three members and a military judge, or an accused may be tried by military judge alone upon request of the accused. A special court-martial is often characterized as a misdemeanor court, and may try all persons subject to the UCMJ, including officers and midshipmen. A special court-martial may impose admonition, reprimand, restriction, extra duty, confinement for no more than six months, and forfeiture of two-thirds of a month's pay for six months in all cases. In addition, enlisted members may be reduced to the lowest pay grade, and receive a bad-conduct discharge.

Then comes the Barney Bad-Ass courts martial you never want to see.. A general court-martial consists of not less than five members and a military judge, or an accused may be tried by military judge alone upon request of the accused. A general court-martial is often characterized as a felony court, and may try all persons subject to the UCMJ, including officers and midshipmen. A general court-martial may adjudge any punishment not prohibited by the UCMJ, including death when specifically authorized.

Obviously this guy was tried at less than a special court - probably summary due to the level of his fine.

2. The 'classified information' he leaked wasn't the heavy duty "tell this and die" stuff or he would've been tried at a General Court for treason, and most likely would've gotten life in prison, reduction in rate to E-1, loss of all pay and benefits, and a dishonorable discharge - this being the next closest thing to the death penalty that the military can do to you. Yes, Treason during time of War (as it is now) IS punishable by death. Had this soldier opted to request a General Court (fully within his rights, but only a fool exercises that right, EVER.), he most likely would've gotten the above listed punishment for his crimes.

3. At the very least, he was directly violating an order somewhere, either written or spoken and made available to him for review. This alone is a punishable offense, even if it occurs on an obscure web blog that few will likely read. (would you have read it had this not occurred?).

Ok, he got away cheap, but only because that was the most the court that tried him could get away with fining him. I somehow have the feeling he *still* won't do it again.

4. The classified stuff - how they handle things when it's leaked:

First the powers that be look to see what info was leaked and how bad the leak was. In this case it was worst case for the lowest level - confidential material was leaked to the entire world via the internet. They then weigh out how severe the damage is to us by the leak of this info. They then levy punishment recommendations accordingly. In this soldier's case, it was most likely his own command's investigating team that acted as 'the powers that be,' and made their recommendations to their superiors based both upon his infraction, and his level of performance. This being the case, either the guy was one hot solider, or the junk he leaked was minor.

Ok, ya got my 2 cents worth although belatedly. Here's my source for info on Courts Martial.
    http://www.military.com/Resources/Re...902--0,00.html

You might also take a look at the Uniform Code of Military Justice sometime - it's very interesting reading. This is what all US soldiers and sailors are held responsible for in addition to existing laws - they CAN be tried in both civilian and military courts for either, and the double jeopardy rule does not apply. Tough existance just to serve one's country eh?

Find a copy of the UCMJ here:
    http://www.military-network.com/main_ucmj/main_ucmj.htm
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Banned
    I found a repost of his blog and he said something along the lines of " I'll win when I get back home". That's politicking without permission. You don't jump rank like that and get away with it.

Originally posted here by HTRegz

I'd be the first to take up a blade and walk the streets fighting and if I had to killing for my freedom.
    "pussies"........... Wow what a bigot calling 90+% of AO's visitors and members that .....leave that to the non-administrators/mods.

Sit your lard ass down kid with all that squawking. The only blade you've probably ever raised was a butter knife in a glutton bowl competition. You couldn't get your bitch **** out of the way quick enough to even raise a gun in battle. And you’re all out here talking about leading a crusade.

This doesn't have anything to do with freedom of speech. He broke the chain of command by politicking on the Internet without permission from the secretary of state. Period end of story. The military owns him and he's at their disposal.

So hey hey's personal attacks went untouched and unchallenged by anyone in authority. I can't wait to see the outcome of mine. Political bias runs deep in the administration here I'd presume.

Political bias runs deep in the administration here I'd presume.
    Duh?
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Super Moderator
    Know-it-All Master Beaver

Originally posted here by !mitationRust
    "pussies"........... Wow what a bigot calling 90+% of AO's visitors and members that .....leave that to the non-administrators/mods.

Sit your lard ass down kid with all that squawking. The only blade you've probably ever raised was a butter knife in a glutton bowl competition. You couldn't get your bitch **** out of the way quick enough to even raise a gun in battle. And you’re all out here talking about leading a crusade.

This doesn't have anything to do with freedom of speech. He broke the chain of command by politicking on the Internet without permission from the secretary of state. Period end of story. The military owns him and he's at their disposal.

So hey hey's personal attacks went untouched and unchallenged by anyone in authority. I can't wait to see the outcome of mine. Political bias runs deep in the administration here I'd presume.
    Hey Hey (Like that?)

Last time I checked this was cosmos... I can say whatever I want regardless of who I am... Who said anything about personal attacks... I'm attacking all Americans for being "pussies" as you so eloquently put it. I'd be more than willing to lead a crusade and that's what you Americans would do if you had any brains... yes I was attacking a good chunk of AOs visitors.... This is supposed to be an open forum free of APs (that rule has obviously not been followed) and open to any opinion... I expressed my opinion. As far as standing in a fight... I've been in enough and I've got the scars from knives to prove it.... That has nothing to do with this... fighting should be avoided at all cost.... That's why I question you Americans... The one thing you should fight for (your freedom) is the one thing you are unwilling to fight for... instead you follow a tyrant and stomp the rights of others to make yourselves feel big and powerful. It's ****ing ridiculous... members of the American military should speak out against the atrocity that is occuring or they should kill themselves. They should take from the example of the samuri and kill themselves because they have lost face. There's no political bias... It's freedom of speech... If you enjoy having your rights trampled then by all means, continue on your current path, I for one wouldn't stand for that... I'd rather die free than live in bondage... That statement alone should explain present situtations around the world for you Americans... Other countries would rather die themselves, sacrifice themselves then live in the world of shackles that the US Government is attempting to impose.

I just find it funny that the most oppressed people in the world are the ones that claim to have the most freedom.

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".